Revell Spitfire MK IIa

Totalize

I continue to move forward on this build.

Pic 1.

Sprayed the seat and armour bulkhead interior green mixed with sky. Some areas were darkened a bit by adding black to the base colour. I also drilled out all the lighting holes (in addition to those on the seat bulkhead) on the second bulkhead with my pin vise and sprayed it Alclad II Duraluminum. This was a very tedious task as there are something like 60 holes to drill out on this bulkhead alone!

Pic 2.

I made up a wiring harness for the voltage regulator using different thicknesses of lead wire.

Pic 3.

I attached the wiring harness using CA glue to the voltage regulator and bulkhead and used lead foil for the harness brackets and some 0.7mm rivets to hold them in place. I  also cut up a thin piece of brass foil and shaped it to the plate that is seen below the voltage regulator and glued it in place.I then painted everything up.

Pic 4.

The actual voltage regulator in question, courtesy of the spitfire site.

Cheers for now.
David.

_MG_2976a600_zps34xjvj9t.jpg

_MG_2968a500_zpsbfrdbilb.jpg

_MG_2977a600_zpslovgivge.jpg

_MG_2981a600_zpsmvsrgw7n.jpg

07628_007_zpslxjodm1g.jpg

Edited by Totalize

Hi Guys,

Back with another update. The seat is essentially done now. I went with a black leather backing on the seat as this seems to be the most common type used on such aircraft. Just need to give it a light wash and she's done. I used a combination of Vallejo air rust, tamiya dark copper and Vallejo Model color dark earth. The leather was done with Vallejo black panzer uniform colours (uniform and highlight) and Vallejo flat black mixed, painted on, and then thinned coats of the colour combos applied to blend the highlights and shadows. The rivet detail on the seat was done with a Prisma Silver colour pnecil. I then gave it  a wash of Mig Ammo satin varnish and voila.

Cheers,
David.

_MG_2998a500_zpszlofxzef.jpg

_MG_3002a500_zpsgsmqaiqu.jpg

_MG_3003%20a500_zpslqdyj12z.jpg

_MG_3004%20a500_zps2yhvx8e7.jpg

Edited by Totalize

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys. My apologies. I have not been active for the last week and a bit.

Yes. I have been working on the pit and I do have an update I am going to post. Just have to finish painting a few areas and i will try and get them  up today. They will be pictures of the side walls. I added some scratch building to the port side wall.  

Cheers 
David.