Kitty Hawk P-39 sprue photos, decals, etc.

Bill Cross

I have one in my hot little hands, and if it wasn't for being sick, I'd have our review done already. I thought there were fewer parts than I was expecting to be honest, but provided all those open panels can be made to fit nicely in the closed position, it looks like a winner to me.

Kev

What a beauty!! Can't wait to get a few of these kits! I just wish that Glen (@ KH) sees as much or more joy and return in his investments as we get in purchasing, building and displaying these kits! Thanks to go to KH/Glen in providing us with such a great subject matter!

Thanks Glen!

Cheers

Alan

Just don't use the kit decals.  The blue disk/red star is a very, very old chestnut that just won't die because people keep copying it without doing research...[hobbyhorse, hobbyhorse]

Kitty Hawk provide Red Stars for the mainplane without the blue surrounds as well, so there isn't really a problem, surely ?

It looks a nice model, if those panels fit shut nicely.

Tony

Edited by LSP_Mike
uneeded caveat quote deleted.

Research on their 82ndTRS machine is unfortunatelly incomplete, also: the markings around the exhaust stacks are incorrect. Too bad, but this leaves room for more options from other decals manufacturers :mental:

It looks like a good kit. I'd tend to be aware of the reviewers points regarding assembly, but it sure seems this would give a good P-39 when complete. A/M decals are sure to come down the line soon, especially for the VVS schemes.

If I'm not mistaken, there are already a few sheets designed for the SH kits, that might be pressed into service on this model, or at least serve as supplemental markings.

I just did some measurements bearing in mind Jennings comments on the previous post about this model.

The USAAF Insignia are out of proportion slightly according to the photos posted in the review.

The white bars according to the photo are 1mm too tall.

I am quite sure that a lot of people, to be honest, myself included, would be happy to use them anyway as 99.5% of the people who would ever see the model would neither know nor care.

But in the spirit of fairness, I queried Jennings on this as it was just the box art shown last time, so I should acknowledge he was correct about this.

Sounds to me like a very promising kit that could use some AM decals for those of us who obsess about that sort of thing. Can't think of too many kits that don't improve when Eagle Cals, Fundekals and others help us out.

Edited by Bill Cross

Sounds to me like a very promising kit that could use some AM decals for those of us who obsess about that sort of thing. Can't think of too many kits that don't improve when Eagle Cals, Fundecals and others help us out.

Yep, the Russians in particular, had some very interesting markings on their Airacobras, and some mighty impressive tallies too.