WNW 1/32 Sopwith Snipe (late)

Jan_G

Hi guys,

I was planning to finish this one during upcoming weekend and post it to RFI, but will not be at my workbench sooner then on Friday.

So just decided to post some WIP pictures here.

This is my first WNW kit. And its really amazing. I'm working on it 4 weeks already.

I went through several WNW builds to get some know how.

This one is build OOB, paints are mostly based on WNW instructions for this kit. 

will take my time to make better pictures after it is done.

thanks for looking

jan

Wings, elevator and rudder painted with tamiya acrylics. Already started with some scratch effects on roundel decals :)

IMG_5284_zpsvusdbvzn.jpg

my first attempt in wooden finish, painted with oil (raw umbra) and fine brush.Aluminium painted with Alclad, wood and red primer effect looks darker on photo. Used brown wash for interior.

IMG_5287_zpsclierqwx.jpg

3266482c-a726-4f6e-bf68-0f0cbf6bc7c7_zps

IMG_5294_zps96asnhvv.jpg

IMG_5295_zpsgsyle8y3.jpg

IMG_5328_zps9f77dpqo.jpg

IMG_5329_zpslcig7q3k.jpg

IMG_5332_zpstrueb92j.jpg

added some wires, painted with Alclad aluminium and applied dark grey wash.

IMG_5424_zpsparutyzv.jpg?1466008225044&1

IMG_5425_zpsq8rmwemf.jpg?1466008225045&1

IMG_5450_zpswii8e4eb.jpg?1466008225045&1

IMG_5458_zpstp7xf9b3.jpg?1466008225045&1

for the fabric I used semi gloss GSI varnish, after then I have used matt varnish for ports. At the end it makes nice difference with gentle wash.

IMG_5475_zpsv0q6isl4.jpg?1466008225044&1

everything went together easily....

IMG_5481_zpslrmdekzv.jpg?1466008225044&1

front cowl painted with alclad, rest of fuselage with tamiya acrylics...fabric and front cowl finished with semigloss varnish...wooden part with mat finish

IMG_5513_zpslrelialq.jpg?1466008225044&1

IMG_5520_zpsofiweapx.jpg?1466008225044&1

thanks for looking

jan

Great work. I did this exact same scheme when I built my late Snipe, and you are definitely doing it justice! 

It really is a great kit, just look out for the Aldis sight, its a might tricky, as the brackets are on the top wing but it has to go through the windscreen which is attachec to the fuse.

Great looking model! Turnbuckles on the interior bracing tells me you're taking this build very seriously.

Just needs a hulking great HKM FGR2 beside it spanning the squadron's 50 years from 1924-74.

Thanks guys for all positive feedbacks :) reay apreciate

Great work. I did this exact same scheme when I built my late Snipe, and you are definitely doing it justice! 

It really is a great kit, just look out for the Aldis sight, its a might tricky, as the brackets are on the top wing but it has to go through the windscreen which is attachec to the fuse.

thanks Brian, I went through your build, You have done a perfect job on it. Was thinking that I will use EZ line for all rigging. But after I saw your build I will give a try that british flat line even it is white :) will try to paint it with black oils

Great looking model! Turnbuckles on the interior bracing tells me you're taking this build very seriously.

Just needs a hulking great HKM FGR2 beside it spanning the squadron's 50 years from 1924-74.

thanks a lot but to be honest there are no turnbuckles at all yet, just silver paint :) and there will not be any of them. Im just trying to finish it in easy way and dont want to get stuck because of lost motivation

will use them on my next WNW build which should be DH.9a postwar

shart weekend update

IMG_5551_zpssoiuege8.jpg

I have tried Ammo solution for scratch effects on wheels but to be honest probably because I didnt work fast enough at the end i need to use a lot of force with brush to get to base colour

so scratches are quite heavy....will put more dust on it :)

IMG_5558_zpsqpo9txzd.jpg