Revell/ AIMS 1/32 Junkers Ju-188 E-1 Z6+DM II/KG66

monthebiff

With the fuselage halves all chopped up I have started having a play with the Profimodeller tail wheel set, Its not a cheap set but what you do get for your money is some really nice resin, PE and plastic stock of varying sizes and I was really intreaged to try it.

20170428-210555.jpg

Some careful cutting, measuring and dry fitting is required before reaching for the glue and found it best to glue up while the parts were in one of the fuselage halves.

20170502-202832.jpg

20170502-202923.jpg

Looks very fragile but is actually very strong and although it has gone together with a slight twist it all flexes nicely as its sandwiched between the fuselage halves. Some more work to do on it but definately a big improvement on the kit parts.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

I never imagined a big scale Ju-188.  All of your detail AM parts really get my attention, so I'm looking forward to seeing this happen.   Tailwheel bay is freakin' awesome! 

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, you should check out AIMS website, Pastor John makes some seriously nice Ju-88 conversion sets and the quality is outstanding.

Regards. Andy

Awesome work so far, Andy! This one's on my bucket list so I am watching closely. Love the tail wheel detail.

Jay

Thanks for checking by Jay, the AIMS conversion is fantastic and went straight to the top of the "to build" pile once I received it.

Regards. Andy

After some very careful drilling and pinning I have the Profimodeller tail wheel detail set complete and ready for painting.

20170510-205454.jpg

20170510-205522.jpg

I've also turned my attention to the wings and adding the AIMS wing extensions, these are really nice resin castings which are slightly oversize and are going to need some sanding to blend them in to the existing wing profile.

20170509-200603.jpg

20170509-200613.jpg

Pretty happy with this as it is much easier to carefully sand the resin parts down rather than having massive steps to fill and try and blend in.

As ever, thanks for looking in.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Guest Clunkmeister

Awesome, Andy. I've got a 388 I picked up from a guy that's at about this stage, and I've been looking for a reason to finish it. 

You just gave me a reason.

Awesome, Andy. I've got a 388 I picked up from a guy that's at about this stage, and I've been looking for a reason to finish it. 

You just gave me a reason.

If this goes well Ernie I will definitely be in for a 388 as well as a house extension as this is pretty big. I'm guessing you have plenty of room in your hanger for your Gotha, Felix and 388........ :hmmm:

Regards. Andy