TAMIYA P-51D OLD CROW: UPDATE 1/4/14: FINISHED & IN THE BOOK

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Anthony

Thanks Buddy, appreciate you checking in and the kind words. Should be finally finishing up today with the last few details and then Old Crow is in the books. It's been a fun build for sure.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Ferry

Much appreciated and I'll be looking forward to you doing the NMF on your big kite (B-17) which should be awesome in it's own right.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Mark

Thanks Brother Bear ... much appreciated. Should be finishing up Old Crow today and she will be in the books.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Sinuhe, so very much appreciated

I'll take a few close ups as well as the stand photos and some off the base as well for the Ready For Inspection photos

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Dave ... much appreciated. Looking forward to your 'Stang and I'm sure yours will be right up there and the equal of Old Crow,

Peter

Peter, looks like this one is just about done.  The build and paint scheme really came out great, the Alclad gloss black looks like it really made the finish shine. I will have to give that a shot with my L-29 build when I get to it.

Congrats on the great build, hopefully the holidays have been good. Now it's back to that Skyraider for you

Matt  :frantic:

Guest Peterpools

Hi Matt

Thanks Buddy .. so much appreciated. Just a few bits and pieces to go and Old Crow i finally done. It took a while but i finally figured out how to use Alclad Gloss Black base:

Light, smooth coats and build up the layers until its glossy smooth. STOP right there. The more coats that go on after that, the longer the drying time. I'm sure Tamiya Gloss Black or Model Master Enamel Gloss Black will also work as well but Alclad is lacquer and so is their base. Looking forward to your L-29 build; shouod be a super thread to follow and enjoy

Peter