Trumpeter 1:24 BF 109K-4

LSP_K2

Both horizontal stabilizer and elevator assemblies are now glued up. When the time comes, I'll just glue elevators in whatever position I desire, so I skipped the hinge portions as being quite unnecessary for my needs. And yes, having spares is very good, especially with a ham-handed guy like myself.

110713008_zps53577160.jpg

Well now, this registers fairly high on my "annoy me" barometer. :)  I'll have to check all my "K" references to see if these radiator flaps were normally in the open or closed position when on the ground;... closed I hope.

110713013_zps0815413f.jpg

Of the horizontal stabilizers, the hinge locations are incorrect.  There should be no inner hinge.  The rod is an axis, thus the inner 'hinge'.  The outer hinge is located at the straight-line/angle intersection, as shown in the thread of the Bf109F-4 I've been working on.

K-4 had wood-framed, wood sheathed horizontal stabilizers which were glued together, so there would not be any rivets.  There would be an aluminum strip across the front tho, as illustrated in Hasegawa's 109 series.

There are 4 anti-vibration holes along the front of each stabilizer.  At least I think they are along the front.

Just sayin'.

Sincerely,

Mark

You working on your K-4 is giving me ants in my pants to work on my 1/24 K-4.

What is going on with this line spacing?

Edited by dodgem37

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Sweet little project and we'll all be rooting for you to finish this puppy. You're off to a great start but that has to be a record for injector pin marks.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Well as coincidence would have it, the cockpit details (starboard side), are all messed up. Apparently, Trump just used the G-6 guts, which vary greatly from what all of my K-4 references indicate, so I'll be scratching up some details to bring her closer in line with some semblance of reality.

Great to see one of these a-building Kevin.  Shame about all those stupidly placed knockout pins.  Sometimes we modellers get no respect.  I really like the green/grey scheme with the yellow nose, that would look stunning!  Nice to see your work.

Dan

I'm sort of leaning toward that one myself. I may have to make some of the markings/decals, but I've done that before.