• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 wunwinglow

wunwinglow

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

I own a Formlabs 2.,Bruce has seen the output, and I am ramping up a collection of parts for sale to interested modellers. First off will be a 1:32 LITENING pod for RAF Typhoon and Tornado, a centreline pylon for the Typhoon, and some pylons for the Trumpeter Harrier, and the Paveway IV lgb. I also have some vacformed Tornado big fuel tanks. Eventually the F3 Tornado conversion parts will be next, once the new stiff glass filled resin goes on sale.

If anyone wants to send me a file for building I'd be happy to run it through the printer. PM me. I'm in the UK, by the way.
  • Jeff likes this

My Father told me two things would happen as I got older.
I can't remember either of them....

FLYINGSTART_TITLE%20SMALL.JPG

#17 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

I can't get excited or drool. It's a tool for talented people who can do CAD. Bit like looking at a £5,500 cello thinking I could actually play it.

I have also come to the conclusion that the only way to see a 1/32 plastic Draken is to get the card model and copy it in styrene card of various thickness, scratchbuilding stuff like landing gear.

Tony

Yes, that is a good way. A short cut to scratch building. Most paper card models are 1/33 scale but you can easily reduce that to 1/32 by use of the copying machine. It will not be easy, the saddle curves and tight radius curves will require some carving, but it can be done.  :clap2:

• Jeff and mmaben like this
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#18 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:28 AM

TBH, I might be happy with a 1/33 card model. AFAIK the 1/72 and 1/48 Hasegawa Drakens (and the Revell repops) were a tremendous success so I really am at a loss as to why this hasn't appeared in 1/32 IM form. But then it took fifteen years to get that other beautiful European 1960s icon, the Mirage III, to materialise.

Back on thread, I might give CAD a go but very seldom sit at the PC these days as nearly *everything* is done on a tablet.
Am interested in designing coins but would love to wrestle with the AIM-4D Falcon missile L-series launch rails used by Phantom IIs, which are conspicuous by their absence.

Tony
Finally spraying again

#19 wunwinglow

wunwinglow

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Tony, if you need some CAD guidance....I'm only a couple of streets away! Just sayin!!

My Father told me two things would happen as I got older.
I can't remember either of them....

FLYINGSTART_TITLE%20SMALL.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users