HB mk VB

I nust admit I started this build following a discussion with Royboy and Iain, shortly after hearing the sad news of Edgars passing. 

Im currently on a construction ban  :notworking:  so it will give you all a chance to catch up. With only the cockpit bits and bats done, im nowhere near the 25% exclusion point. 

Photos to follow once the ban is lifted. 

Have a good Christmas everybody. 

Ban is off!  

This is where I am so far. 

IMG_20391.jpg

Construction consists of engine, cockpit, engine bulkhead and general spraying up of parts with interior green before any detailing takes place. 

IMG_20401.jpg

Xtradecal are providing the markings 

IMG_20411.jpg

In this scheme,

IMG_20421.jpg

So other than the markings, taking into account everything else looks Spitfireish this will be out of the box as best I can. 

PS, I didnt post the photos like this, they are rotated in Photobucket but the link comes out like this Doh! 

Edited by Phartycr0c

That's all looking pretty straightforward, neat and tidy. I think I'm liking HB's method of cockpit construction rather than Revell's one where the "boxed cockpit" is fitted inside the fuselage shell since I'm having a few fit issues with mine, though that's probably my modelling technique!

Max

Something Spitfire shaped is emerging. 

IMG_20591.jpg

IMG_20581.jpg

IMG_20601.jpg

Note the small line of filler on the starboard wing, which try as I might, refused to sit centrally.

I must admit, despite reading many reviews of this kit, I did not take on board the issues around the rear tailplane, i.e ribbed one side, riveted the other. (why did they do that?)  I thought about rubbing flat and re riveting the ribbed upper surface but I cannot spend too much time on correcting this as I need to crack on with the B17 waiting in the wings.

Anyhoo, ancillaries canopy then ready for paint.

I was going to build this one panels off but I have decided to do her buttoned up with the exception of the canopy in order to maintain those lovely Spitfire lines.   

Edited by Phartycr0c

Crikey, cracking on or what! I assume those small panels where the flap linkage comes through the upper wing surface are part of the moulding on the kit? I'm going to have to cut mine out on my Revell Spit.

Max

Edited by mozart

Hi Andy 

The canons are the kit parts which have been sprayed up in Tamiya metallic grey.

A further quick update for me, 

Underside grey applied, silver primer preshading and salt particles for walkway weathering added together with the blu tack masking worms. 

IMG_20621_1.jpg

This is how the salt looks after ocean grey application. 

Now into the green. 

On another note, can anyone help me with how the underwing landing lights sit. Despite the instructions I cannot for the life of me visualise how they go together and cant find any references to work from. 

Can anyone help?