Caterpillar D6K Bulldozer - 1/35 by MMK Models

elmarriachi

Hello,

The Caterpillar D6K dozer in 1/35 by MMK Models - a multimedia kit in very good quality, with 3 sheets photo etched parts, decals and clear foil for the windows ...

First starting with the chassis .... 

vmrzfotk.jpg

f5abk6p9.jpg

k79c8ir4.jpg

79gx6j93.jpg

... and the interior ...

dma6dbt6.jpg

ybet8e8e.jpg

... the ripper ... (pipes follow later)

97bpjxed.jpg

gkj9z4zy.jpg

The dozer blade with all the additional parts - some pipework still missing ... 

psfvv9ha.jpg

8re8787f.jpg

msi2nur9.jpg

So far for the moment ...

Cheers

Micha

Micha, awesome work as usual... looking top notch, I have the Meng D0R in my stash, and I just received a civilian conversion for it, that was done by a friend of mine in Portland Oregon, and was done on a 3D printer, wow it is awesome.....cab, fuel tanks, ROPS, and covers.....I can't wait to get going on it....if you are the least bit interested in a D9R conversion , let me know........................... keep posting these great pics, I love watching how you bring these together.....

Micha, I love the cab screens, they really look the part, I have a silly question... how do you manage to put it all together THEN paint it?? I have NEVER had success doing it that way, I seem to have to paint most small parts first... what am I doing wrong?  Love what you are doing pal..

Jeff

Hello,

black primer over everything .... then iron color and rusty color sprayed ... then some chipping.

The main color is mixed of several colors of Lifecolor and sprayed next, then some more chipping.

NOw all the details were painted with a brush .... then some filter follow ... 

9o7wicnh.jpg

33zdic3f.jpg

hkcdx3zr.jpg

onuga3tf.jpg

yq4bhu3a.jpg

ay78xnqe.jpg

549d3o9j.jpg

3cwxxaxk.jpg

yl8bo3a7.jpg

Michael, YOU are the MASTER at weathering the equipment, I love what you do....... I need a lesson.....as a heavy equipment operator of some newer iron , and some old junk, you have it mastered my friend... I love what you do..... awesome, it really looks the part...

Hello,

the great "track wash" was added on the whole body parts (only outside) next, to give the yellow color the correct shape. Then clear coat fixed it, before the decals were added and some displays at the interior (colored etched parts from the kit).

All the great decals were included, also the Caterpillar markings (no idea if they have the licence for it) :) 

The tracks were single pieces, holes have to be drilled and wire was used to mount thte tracks... in theory.... it was a horror job ... the tracks were not all accurate ... so the fitting was terrible.

Finally I have glued it all in place and fixed the whole, unpainted tracks to the dozer .... then masked all around ... and sprayed the tracks after the mounting ... this was the only option.

First black, then rusty red, then silver, chipping, yellow, chipping. Then once again a rusty red wash :) 

58m9dm3y.jpg

43jgupb6.jpg

2s6fpoed.jpg

asbb2sso.jpg

6bwhsbra.jpg

zdgq9ynq.jpg

ig6jmxo6.jpg

8a9jxedv.jpg

43ccpkqm.jpg

izpacx4g.jpg

u3yovzby.jpg

36ohwtg9.jpg

5dhxsps7.jpg

upjw5s7q.jpg

5plnwavg.jpg

Now follow the windows, some further details, then assembling of the whole ... then dust and dirt :) 

Cheers

Micha

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

the bulldozer is - I think - finished. All parts put together, lights added (etched parts), etched wipers added ... then some final pipework at the riper added.

The base made of carton, wood filler... then painted in black and brown.... then soil from the garden, some earth, sand, plants.... and some pigments to give it the final color .... 

The Caterpillar was soiled with pigments and a bit of filler .... then soot was added with black pigments, some bare iron with metal pigments on the tracks, shield, ripper, grips and steps as well as at the chassis ....

l26yfys4.jpg

bapv7f4l.jpg

lo95p9op.jpg

m6qm6rzs.jpg

dqeg3blq.jpg

64owv2hk.jpg

ntemsx7e.jpg

I think that's it .... maybe some additional details on the diorama ... maybe a cat or a bird... or a white/red painted pole ...... let's see.... 

Cheers

Micha

JESUS, MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastic.... the tracks and rollers are top notch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND do I see a leaking seal on the final drive??? Holy, this is good...... outstanding.... take a bow..... you have the painting and weathering down to a science.... this blows my mind...... incredibly well done.....