Trumpeter 1/24 Messerschmitt BF109G-6 late

Sparzanza

Thankee, Azgaron.

I have now painted the engine (Humbrol 33) but.. obviously, being completely unable to avoid the rubbery things, I hit them with paint as well. But it doesn't dry on them? It remains glossy and sticky. What's up with that?

Whoever thought it to be a good idea to include those rubber things should have his wedding vegetables removed and replaced with a tractor called Ivan.

What a mess.

Another 1:24 109, that's great. The pit instructions are a dead ringer for the K-4 pit I'm working on, which are unfortunately totally wrong for the K-4. :(

How is it wrong? I thought all 109 pits were identical between F to K models. :o

The rubbery things on my engine was kind enough to dry after having primed them with Humbrol 140, so my work could continue. One of the rubbery cables got lost and a piece of the engine came off during my oven cleaner - hot water & soap surgery, so I had to make a new small cable out of stretched sprue and glue the piece that came off back into place. Seeing as I have to let the glue dry, I figured I'd turn my attention to the cockpit. Most of the pit and its walls have been painted, but still needs some detail painting, a wash, and some drybrushing before I'm even remotely pleased. Here's how things look at the moment:

DSC00250_zpscf6411c9.jpg

DSC00251_zpsc3f38841.jpg

DSC00253_zpsf11f7489.jpg

DSC00254_zpsd7439eb4.jpg

DSC00255_zpsaa53e29e.jpg

Well it's definitely over now. I thought I'd make something a little extra out of this 109, but it doesn't cooperate, so it can go eff itself. I painted the engine black, and, while waiting for it to dry, I used my 109 cockpit reference pictures to try to replicate some of the cables and whatnot in there with Milliput. I then took a look at the engine and that's when I knew this model kit wasn't meant to be built. Everything was drying nicely, except.. you guessed it! The rubbery things! And that's AFTER priming them with grey paint! Wow... just wow. The last picture sums it all up pretty nicely though.

Thanks for watching!

DSC00006_zps1855ec16.jpg

DSC00007_zps4ee52014.jpg

DSC00008_zpsadd48780.jpg

Darn shame to give up on this. I have the exact same kit in the stash, but I'm considering getting rid of it, as I'll probably never actually build it.

Didn't give up! :) It was close, but nah!

I simply waited for the delivery from Boris, some acrylic paint. After priming the crappy rubber things with it, I proceeded painting the rest of the engine. I covered it with Humbrol 33, did some drybrushing with Humbrol 53, and painted the crap rubber stuff with my own mix of RLM02, and the small cable ends with Humbrol 12 which (coincidentally) was a gift from Boris as well. The engine bearers are not glued on yet, but they too recieved some RLM02. The exhausts are painted with Humbrol 113 and given a dark wash.

All it needs is some touchups.

Here's how the engine and cockpit looks at the moment:

DSC00256_zps8f0fbf63.jpg

DSC00257_zps139c4dd8.jpg

DSC00258_zpsf2ed79ee.jpg

DSC00259_zpsc3a17613.jpg

Edited by Sparzanza