Shawns Non-LSP thread

Shawn M

pick a project and stick to it Kev!

You've got a lotta great ones waiting to be completed.

I appreciate the thought, Shawn, but I've pretty much run out of adequate time.The show is in roughly 6 weeks, and I just don't feel that I have sufficient time to finish anything the way I really want, no matter how far along it may be at this point. Anyway, judging, buying new goodies, and visiting with my pals is all good stuff, so it'll still be a great time, as it always is.

I agree, really looking forward to it and my nephew will be entering his first kit into Juniors.

I was going to have the SAS Jeep there, but the Cobra has replaced it on the bench for the foreseeable future.

I'll have the Tiffy and Toon Sherman there though, maybe the Egg-SR71

• 1 month later...

37117725152_fa927fa5de_b.jpg

Im still here and building, this has been consuming my time this summer.

Historic Racing Miniatures Cobra Daytona Coupe kit.

As you can see the chassis is completed and the engine is in.

I still need to finish the ignition wiring but getting this far is an accomplishment.

Im still here and building, this has been consuming my time this summer.

Historic Racing Miniatures Cobra Daytona Coupe kit.

As you can see the chassis is completed and the engine is in.

I still need to finish the ignition wiring but getting this far is an accomplishment.

I actually managed to sit and polish the paint on my 'Cuda a bit more today, but still more to do before showtime.

Very nice work Shawn, really love the Daytona Cobra. I have the MFH Daytona in the stash with a Gunze Sangyo kit also  HRM do make some great stuff.  I built a GT-40 with their engine kit, I think I have 10 GT-40 kits in the stash....Fujimi, Revell and the three Testors "Those famous Fords" kits.

If you are interested...KA just re-released their GT-40 detail kit. They sold out pretty quick when they first came out, I missed getting one. Now I have too much going on to get one....maybe...:) 

Will follow your build.....really like those Fords...:)

Dan

Thanks Dan!

The HRM kit and Harold (the owner producer) are both top notch.

This is my first ever go at an all resin kit and has been a pure delight to build so far.

I looked at the MFH and Gunze kits as well, decided to go big once and be done with the subject lol.

I've picked up a few other "famous fords" as well, 289 Cobra and GT40 MK1 to go allong with my 427 Cobra I built years ago.

6827127253_b68898eda3_b.jpg