A-10C Trumpeter

Here she is, almost finished, fully armed with a dead flat finish. I have couple of bits and pieces to add (climbing ladder and lights on the front wheel) but I could not resist taking some pictures on a beautiful evening. Leaving tomorrow for a week at the beach, i will post RFIs picture on my return. Enjoy...or not.

i-7NQBTst-L.jpg

i-RpNkcv5-L.jpg

i-MVMRgt6-L.jpg

i-w9ZccNF-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the kinds words. And she is finished, I am very happy with her even if I could have done better (but you can always do better). She looks great in the cabinet and hopefully in the not so distant future she will be joined by a Su-25A in an Afghan scheme, so I will have the two ultimate Afghan mudmover side by side. Here are the pictures:

i-MVMRgt6-L.jpg

i-LJkGb95-L.jpg

i-qfFq3cs-L.jpg

i-tgPHWgP-L.jpg

i-qxpt7S6-L.jpg

i-mQBCXJ2-L.jpg

i-crg9Js2-L.jpg

i-GKtFm59-L.jpg

i-9rqcsRL-L.jpg

and for Shaka Hi, I do have some space to display it, here she is in the cabinet:

i-F89s6DK-L.jpg

Now on to dig something else out of the Shelf of Doom.

Cheers,

David

Thank you guys.

Brian, I love the A-10 and when I picked up modeling again 4 years ago it is one of the first kit I purchased and I finally started it when I received Harold A-10C miniset. I have seen the discussion about Fisher models doing a correction for the nose (and hopefully it will include new resin canopy) but even if this comes out, I don't see myself doing another one, there are too many fit issues with the major components to make it an enjoyable build. I am super happy to have built a A-10C in 1/32 but it will remain my only one.

Cheers,

David

Sappersix, Thank you for your kind words and noticing the loadout. I spent a lot of time looking for pictures of current loadout and had my eureka moment when I found pictures of A-10C with GBU-12 on the outer pylons, they look really cool there, much better than leaving the pylon empty or with sidewinders which A-10C rarely carries nowadays. I could have added a 1000lbs JDAM in the central pylon but thought she was heavy enough;)

I did not use any preshading or black basing. I useally do preshading but here I was concerned that with such a light colored scheme, it would take a lot of paint to properly cover the preshading, I guess I could have done the preshading in grey rather than the usual black but I didn't. This is a two tone scheme and after I applied it, i used the lighter color on the darker color and vice versa to create a bit of variation but this not really noticeable. What made a difference was the Flory grey Wash and the Alclad flat coat, instantly turned the bird into a well used machine.

Cheers,

David