NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Guest Peterpools

Dean

I've been saving and waiting years for the Big Twin Prop Cat. and just knowing she is almost here has my CC ready for action. Hopefully it will be close to the Helldiver in price.

Doesn't she look beautiful

Peter

Guest Smitty44

Dean

I've been saving and waiting years for the Big Twin Prop Cat. and just knowing she is almost here has my CC ready for action. Hopefully it will be close to the Helldiver in price.

Doesn't she look beauttful

My guess is it will be closer to the Catalina, at least the cutaway version.

Guest Peterpools

Smitty

No, please say it won't be so. But if it's half way between the Helldiver and the Catalina, I'm in. Geez, I'm in no matter what . Of course, I won't be buying any other kits for a long, long time but it's a dream come true.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Ok, Im about to soil myself! 

I hope Mirek doesn't mind, but I have to share these. This is literally my all time modeling dream come true. Im not sure I wouldnt skip a house payment for this thing but I hope I dont have to.

From these pics we can actually learn a lot!

We now know its an F7F-3

IMG_5379-L.jpg

We can see a HIGHLY detailed cockpit, with typical HpH SOP detailing

IMG_5349-L.jpg

We now also know, the complex T-Cat gear is well represented along with the tank, and what looks to be metal impregnated resin gear also typical HpH, and with this type gear, the F7F could use it:

IMG_5434-L.jpg

We also know it will have the carrier equipped arresting hook. We also know how how UTTERLY gorgeous a right proper F7F in 32nd scale can be

IMG_5445-L.jpg

I cant wait. This is a lifetime modeling dream for me, and a 100% bench clearer for me. No matter what. 

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Almost fell right out of the chair when I first saw the the photos with the link on Mirek's post and the same when you posted the photos. It's no secret I've been waiting for both a Tigercat and F11F1 Tiger in 32nd scale for decades and half the dream is about to come true. Originally the Tigercat would also be a benching clearing jubilation for me but with a commitment to two contests this spring with my brother, my A6 will have to be finished first and then it's Tiger time. I'm hoping by Christmas the Tigercat is out and prowling; maybe by then Ernie Gee might have a set of G Factor gear available if needed.

If we're looking at $300-$500 for such beauty, I'm ready and waiting.

I can feel your joy and the countdown is on.

I sent Mirek an email a while back as to an update on a release date but no news on that front

Peter

Brian

Almost fell right out of the chair when I first saw the the photos with the link on Mirek's post and the same when you posted the photos. It's no secret I've been waiting for both a Tigercat and F11F1 Tiger in 32nd scale for decades and half the dream is about to come true. Originally the Tigercat would also be a benching clearing jubilation for me but with a commitment to two contests this spring with my brother, my A6 will have to be finished first and then it's Tiger time. I'm hoping by Christmas the Tigercat is out and prowling; maybe by then Ernie Gee might have a set of G Factor gear available if needed.

If we're looking at $300-$500 for such beauty, I'm ready and waiting.

I can feel your joy and the countdown is on.

I sent Mirek an email a while back as to an update on a release date but no news on that front

Peter

Im with ya buddy!  Im never ready to pay $300+ for a model kit, but this is likely one of the very few DEFINITE exceptions to that rule.    

IMG_5379-L.jpg

Ok, just realized something else here too......................

Im not sure if Im the only one or not, but personally I hate, HATE DESPISE the "California lift" look in models where the stance is significantly nose high. The Ta-154 Moskito, and the F7F are both famous for this ugly stance..............

However, as we can sort of see here, HpH seems to have corrected the very tail low stance the T-Cat can sometimes have.   I LOVE it, and really am hoping I dont have to correct this.............but it looks like I may not have to.....

Guest Peterpools

Brian

I know but I'm hoping Ernie has a set of gear for us allowing the nose to be a bit closer to the pavement

Peter

That Tigercat looks big.

I fear a similar price.

It will certainly be quite expensive as any other HPH kit, but they are all worth the price.

I dont think it would be as high as the Catalina. The Cat is very pricey because of the huge fiberglass hull and the full detail interior. There's not as much to be seen in the Tigercat. I think it should be more around the Me410 price.