1/32 Revell Focke Wulf Fw190 F-8 White 48........FINISHED.

monthebiff

A little more progress with all of the major markings now sprayed on with a mix of Maketar and home made marking's for "white 48".

20180406_201226.jpg

20180406_201153.jpg

Next up a coat of gloss so I can add the stencil/ data decals, not sure weather to use the Revell kit supplied decals, not sure if they are any good? Any comments on the qualitity of kit supplied decals by Revell would be very helpful.20180406_201237.jpg

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

• 2 weeks later...

Added the stencil decals from the kit which altough a little thick performed really well. Also reoved all of the masking from the various open bays ready to continue weathering.

DSCN3269.jpg

DSCN3270.jpg

DSCN3272.jpg

Slowly getting there with this now, need to spend some time on getting the Eduard BMW detail painted ready for fitting so I build the nose around it in readyness for final weathering.

Regards. Andy

• 7 months later...

Decided to pull this one from the shelf of doom and try and finish it before the end of the year as I'm fed up of it staring at me and to be honest there is not to much left to do now!. So the Eduard Brassin engine os now painted and awaiting some wiring before being mounted.

20181214-153728.jpg

20181214-153736.jpg

20181214-153751.jpg

Also painted and assembled the Brassin propeller ready for weathering.

20181214-160856.jpg

Its been ages since I last worked on this one as I lost my motivation due to completing the engine and the amount of open panels I had to deal with.........seemed a good idea at the time but I'm back on track now. Also want to restore the missing pictures in the build log as well as finding it a little annoying they are gone.

As always comments/ criticism always welcome and thank you for looking in.

Regards. Andy

8 minutes ago, rigor said:

Nice work on that bmw engine. Looks great might have to pick one up 

Needs some more work and the shine knocking back a little with some varnish but happy I havr finally got o this point now. Takes some building but super nice detail, the prop is equally as nice as well. Eduard resin is so nicely cast!

Regards.Andy 

So after finishing my Tamiya Corsair which had sat quietly on the SOD for about a year my attention has now turned to the F-8 again and much like th Corsair doesn't actually need much to get it over the line, so here we go again and hopefully get White 48 over the line this time!

20220611_233123.jpg

20220611_234159.jpg

Regards. Andy 

44 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

Hello Andy,

Good to see you back on this.

Looking quite splendid. 

Jolly good work.

:thumbsup:   :clap2:

Thank you Maru, fingers crossed no more trips to the SOD for this one!

Regards. Andy 

24 minutes ago, mozart said:

Well done Andy.....I'm similarly engaged!! :P:D

Don't know about you Max, my 110 build is progressing very nicely but suddenly had the urge to finish something that is basically done and enjoying it very much. 

Regards. Andy 

After such a long time not working on this one I have spent quite a bit of time reaquinting myself with exactly where I had got to on the build and what parts have inevitably been lost along the way as well as any cock ups I had made as well! 

The first thing I noticed was that I had completely forgotten to fit the MG151's in to the wheel well assemblies at the beginning of the build and was probably a reason I shelved it at one point or another. So as its impossible to fit the whole gun barrel through the wings leading edge a bit of a plan was needed! I'm using the lovely turned brass Master barrels but luckily hadn't binned the Revell parts so I cut the base of the barrel from each and then drilled out the original kit parts to accept the Master barrels

20220613-203340.jpg

20220613-203357.jpg

While on the subject of guns I decided to replace the resin  Eduard MG 131 barrels again with brass Master replacements as it will definitely lift them

20220613-194750.jpg

20220613-203249.jpg

Another part of this build I wasn't happy with where the Eduard Bronze U/C legs as the fit in to the wing locating slots was terrible. Therefor I'd purchased a set of the superb Synthetic Ordinance Works legs however when I went to exercise them I realised I had thrown the original kit parts away and didn't have the detail parts to add to the new struts. A bit of a shame but just means another 190 will have to be built!!

20220613-203518.jpg

20220613-203549.jpg

After lots of filing I have both struts fitting but still not happy with the overall fit. Will need to be super careful on alignment when it comes to final fit.

Regards. Andy