HpH MiG-15bis

Dragon

Sucks to be on board of this "Super"fortress mhua ha ha haaaa :punk:

MiG-15s_curving_to_attack_B-29s_over_Kor

Neat.....................I read an article written by Clint Johnson about his experience in Nam .............(same as the Discovery channels "dog fights" series)................even though it was Mig 17, he equated the canon fire from the Mig, similar to seeing fiery tennis balls being lobbed over his canopy.

No such chance of out turning a Mig in a super fort though!!!

Edited by Out2gtcha

@Martin - awesome motivational pics and thanks for the reference links!  They'll be very helpful.

@Paul - learning experience is it!  First learning, the parts are fragile. Gotta keep my heavy handed thumbs in check!

As for an update, I'm slow removing parts and cleaning them up.  I should have some progress ready for posting here soon.

Mike

Guest Clunkmeister

Neat.....................I read an article written by Clint Johnson about his experience in Nam .............(same as the Discovery channels "dog fights" series)................even though it was Mig 17, he equated the canon fire from the Mig, similar to seeing fiery tennis balls being lobbed over his canopy.No such chance of out turning a Mig in a fort though!!!

Yup,

B-29s fell like flies to the MiGs till they started flying at night. When the first MiG-15s appeared, the B-29s days of free reign in the daytime were finished and it pretty much became obsolete overnight.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Yup,

B-29s fell like flies to the MiGs till they started flying at night. When the first MiG-15s appeared, the B-29s days of free reign in the daytime were finished and it pretty much became obsolete overnight.

And then, even at night, the B-29s proved fairly easy prey for the MiG-15s ... Things became more balanced when the MiG pilots were 'calmed down' thanks to ....

.... the F-3D Skynight, would you believe it !

Hubert

Greetings All,

I was able to do some painting on the ejection seat last night.  Overall, I'm happy with how it came out; although, I still need to work on the dry brushing technique:

DSC_0623_zpsk5yod5m6.jpg

DSC_0622_zps2x5kp7wb.jpg

I'll tackle the cloth and PE seat belts next.  They should add a nice touch to the seat.  

Thanks for checking in.

Mike