jig stands any big benefit?

dashotgun

Hi Guys,

I bought all three sizes of JH stands and find them invaluable. The middle size will take a 1/32 single seat WWII fighter easily, I took my half built Revell Mustang to a model club last night on it. The larger size had the finished Revell 262 on it. The small size, meant for 1/72 will take most 1/48 scale fighters like the 109, 190, Spit, etc.

Plus I've only got two hands, where a lot of modelling jobs need three! So the stands are in use all the time, including in the spray booth. I just cover the wood with kitchen roll paper as I don't want a Camo pattern on the stand, only the model.

Were they worth the expense? At one time I would have said no but now, couldn't work without them. So they are, as I wrote above, invaluable.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Edited by Bruce_Crosby

Oddly , the plastic one is less expensive  http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?cPath=21_162&products_id=7043

...and much easier to construct. I have it and the wooden biplane stand.

The wooden one took me an hour just to punch out the parts (carefully ,

didn't want to crack the wood ) and stick together.    :hmmm:

I just bought the plastic stand. Legos work great and I now need this stand for biplanes; Legos not so easy to use for biplanes.

Rick

Never had one. Never found the need for one.

Funny, same here...................then I got my first one as a gift. Now I find SO many uses for it (holding for aligning, gluing, decaling, fixing, painting, adjusting, transportation) I legitimately dont know what Id do without it now. 

Hey Brian,

The Facebook page for the Kronos Designs item I'm thinking the person there may have died. I dealt with him before but about 2 years

ago he was going to do some masks for me and I have not been able to reach him. He also would send me other non modelling e-mails and I have

not recieved anything from him in a while now. Find out if your dealing with Paul Grivas or the owner operator of the hobby shop in

the facebook site. Let me know. Paul has my decals to make masks for. Thanks

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

Hey Brian,

The Facebook page for the Kronos Designs item I'm thinking the person there may have died. I dealt with him before but about 2 years

ago he was going to do some masks for me and I have not been able to reach him. He also would send me other non modelling e-mails and I have

not recieved anything from him in a while now. Find out if your dealing with Paul Grieves or the owner operator of the hobby shop in

the facebook site. Let me know. Paul has my decals to make masks for. Thanks

Mike Horina

Thanks for that Mike. I noticed on that FB page, there really hasnt been anything updated on it since 2015, which I thought was odd. It does appear its Paul Grieves though, as the email I sent to was pgrivas@cox.net.

Im hoping hes still alive and kicking, but the FB site for the helping hand jig, doesn't look promising.  Ill update here if I do hear a response from him, as I would dearly love one of those 3rd hand helper jigs. 

Yeah, I went to facebook and I saw his name. I don't know if he designed the stand but I know he was working

at a hobby shop and the owner my have helped. He showed me that stand the last time I heard from him

Mike.

Edited by mhorina