jack's Jack & jack's Tony ..Together for the first time&#3

marauderdriver

A1eW73E.jpgThe Jack in Captured markings has got me thinking of building a collection of Japanese Captured birds. I have most of the single-engine kits in the stash and am negotiating for a N1K-1 at the present moment.

This Tony was captured on Okinawa and returned to flight by VMF-332. From the pictures I've found she looks like the Marines painted her, typical for the time, in Sea Blue including the landing gear and wells. Looks like back to making my own red Marine Globe decal.

This kit also has that "Revell Famous Engraved Panel Lines and Rivets" that we are so used to in 1972.

I hope to have her ready for our contest along with the Jack in a month, so once again she will be OOB.SBq9TKE.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver

Thanks Martin,   You just saved me from have to upload my pics to imgur.

I would do the NMF one if it had the RWB rudder stripes.

It's red in the color pic, although some drawings show it

in the Japanese red-brown prop color and blue rudder.

Cheers

jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Cool. Depending upon how accurate you wish to be, the blue Yontan Tony was the longer nose version. You can see the extra length in the nose if you take note of where the exhaust stacks are compared to the wing leading edge.

Wolfpack design does the "Tei" conversion in resin, not sure on availability though.

Edited by BradG

And we all know why LOL :)

4pEdjO0.png

Thanks for the new spinner color, also like the Blackish anti-glare panel......jack

Jack, If you land that mid wing George and want the US decals for it, give me a holler.

One thing to note on the George: the surface detail is raised. It's very subtle and well done, though.

Thanks Bill, I scored her tonight and she comes with the same decal sheet. I will paint this rudder and print some more decals to cover the George, Tojo  Frank and an  Oscar. Not a big fan of Japanese Paint jobs I guess, but these captured birds have "Captured" my interest. I noticed the raise detail and that doesn't faze me a bit.

I was planning to build all my Classics OOB like when I built them 40 or more  years ago. I'm EASY!

Nice...man, that box looks like how I feel...

Sorry your feeling so ROUGH Sir!

Cool. Depending upon how accurate you wish to be, the blue Yontan Tony was the longer nose version. You can see the extra length in the nose if you take note of where the exhaust stacks are compared to the wing leading edge.

Wolfpack design does the "Tei" conversion in resin, not sure on availability though.

Thanks for the info Brad as I really didn't notice. As I'm building my Classic stuff OOB, I guess I'll be a little inaccurate. What made the nose longer?

I picked this kit up after Dmthemaid's beauty of a build

looking forward to watching yours

Well Shawn, I hope I don't disappoint by building it OOB....jack