Looking for some advice

vespaboy48

Looking to get a nice 1/32 kit as i can't get on with 1/72 any more they are just to small for my eyes!! Anyone have any good ideas of where to start? I have been looking at some Revell kits but my early experience of these kits is from years ago when nothing fitted!!

The other problem i have is a very limited budget as i'm out of work at the moment but need something to keep my mind active other than job searching all day!!

Thanks for the help people i know i can count on you for some good advice....

Cheers

Mark   

Good immersion in this scale agree should be the new Revell. Good price, lower parts count, decent enough decals.

Since you said WWII, inline engine also better choice (not for engine itself, but no wiring to commit to) on finished A/C.

Just build it buttoned up and as provided in kit for your first. If you catch the LSP bug from it, plenty of experimenting

in your future. 

Don't rush into 1/32 although there good you'll get bogged down on detail, try 1/48 first

Wouldn't that depend on how much detail the builder thinks is really necessary? 

We are not all fine scale modelers here. Personally, I do not get bogged down with too much detail simply because I ignore what I do not think is necessary for a successful  model. I like injection molded plastic kits because most of the fine detail is already pre-made for me as part of the model. When there are too many fussy tiny detail parts I do not include them. That way I am also satisfied with some of the carved wood models one gets from the Philippines and from certain builders who work in wood. If I need a certain detail or two on a wood model I can add parts to it and repaint it. From three feet away not much detail is observable anyway. Certainly not from 6 feet away.  

We are all different. Some things we can accept that others cannot.  As an example, in G gauge model railroading the scales run from 1/32 through 1/29, 1/24, 1/22.5, 1/20.3, 1/17 and 1/13. and smaller that are all running on the same gauge track (1.75 inches or 45mm).  Try running a mixed train with cars of all these scales coupled together - it can drive you sane. :wacko:  So you limit the scales of the models you make. The only scale that is true is the European #1 which is made to 1/32 scale which runs on G gauge track, made by Marklin and a few others in Europe. All the other G scales are forms of narrow gauge. I like armored trains but the kits are all in 1/35 scale which is out of scale for G track. So, if it doesn't bother me than what is the big deal? If it bothers you then don't visit a model railroad where they run 1/35 scale cars on G track. 

To me this modeling is a hobby, it is not a religion. There are no absolute rules, no sins. Modeling exists because it is fun and interesting and other good things. 

Go have some fun. How much detail is necessary for you is your decision. 

Enjoy. :punk:

If you are looking for propeller aircraft you can find some very good prices. There are some Hasegawa kits like the Bf-109 that are very nicely engineered and well detailed. 

Hi Mark,

The new Revell kits in 1/32 scale are very good and still meet your criteria. Try their P-51D Mustang kit, great fit, cheap price.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Yes, what they said.  I've not tried the P-51, but I enjoyed their Spitfire II and had a real blast with the Ar 196A.

Your in pswith just haveva walk round the hannants shop see what happens

Agreed, it's not that far up the A12 from Ipswich and it's an Aladdin's Cave for modellers.  Just for a bit of inspiration, you could also pop into the Flixton museum on your way.

Edited by MikeC