T-Harrier from Kinetic

Eagle Driver

Nice review.

But is it fair to compare kinetic to zm??They are so different mindset when it come to kits building. Plus the price is quite different.

To me kinetic is between revell and hasegawa(althou i have seen a new 1/48jet from hasegawa in a long time) so maybe kinda like academy

I bought Kinetic's FRS.1 SHAR kit and was very impressed with it. I might add the T-Harrier to the stash but it is an odd-looking thing and a second SHAR appeals a bit more, with this in trail as a third acquisition.

Based on the SHAR and what I've seen of this model I would be ecstatic to see Kinetic issue these first-generation Harriers in 1/32 scale. They would actually get built - it's the perfect size for 1/32, the Airfix 1/24 examples being a bit past-it.

Tony

Gr.3 and AV-8A is what I am waiting for in 48th and 32nd. Since Red Dog blew me away with his Harrier in 24th here couple of years ago, I want to get a decent kit for those.

Comparison with ZM is made just because F-4 is a benchmark for 48th scale jets. Their mindset is different, true that, but not with their 48th scale Phantom. it is rather well-know engineering but with ZM finesse included.

Kinetic are better than Revell and most of Academy, but not from Aca. Smokey Joe. Hasegawa don't have anything to compare it with, not new anyhow, so maybe Eduard, but they are far more polished kits compared to Kinetic. Kinetic shows cheap mindset with the instructions and inconsistency with the details. With Eduard's 21 that is non-existent.

By the way DN Models' mask set for the T-Harrier is ready. In case you are interested: https://dnmodels.com/product/canopy-wheels-insignia-paint-masks-harrier-kinetic-k48040/

Edited by Eagle Driver

And talking about different Harrier versions:

I remember having seen a couple of 32nd Harrier kits built by someone.

He used the old Revell kit, and turned several into prototype/GR/dual versions etc.

I must have seen them somewhere here at LSP, but can't find them anymore, anyone else know about, please let me/us know.

thanks,

Jack.