Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Just caught up with this.

Very nice work. It's going to look really busy when everything's in place.

Must decide which version I'll go for...?

Matt

Thank you Matt, 

Very enjoyable conversion which ever you choose in my opinion, quite tempted to do an F as well now!

Regards. Andy

Spent some time working on the engine nacelle conversion between painting the cockpit details. First up it seems the best thing to do is attach the upper rear cowl while the two wings halves are taped together as the missing upper cowl area causes the moulding to splay apart here.

20180214_193638.jpg

and then glue from below prior to fitting the wheel well.

20180214_193317.jpg

20180214_193654.jpg

Then added the lower cowl fitting plastic card tabs as necessary.

20180220_191303.jpg

20180220_191241.jpg

Then cleaned up the raiator cowl and test fitted

20180221_140523.jpg

Fit is perfect with no filler, thought this may be a difficult area but not at all.

Then test fitted the upper cowl and all very good. Wont be gluing it yet as I need to work on a solution to fit the eahausts after painting, think I have a plan though!

20180221_175734.jpg

Needs a little adjustment but very happy, also fitted the clear resin wing tip but before that I drilled a hole from behind and filled with Tamiya clear for the bulb as well as some silver on the back of the moulding in this area.

20180221_194045.jpg

Needs a good polish and glos coat but should look good. I was expecting the engine cowl to be pretty hard going but far from it, nice fitting resin parts with some pretty easy clean up !

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Andy,

Glad to see the nacelles go on so nicely. And the clear wing to is a piece of genius.

Keep it up!

Gaz

Hi Gaz, 

Agree completely with you, the resin wing tips are a pretty good idea, fit is very good as well.

Regards. Andy

Sure looks like an involved conversion, but goes together very nicely.  Of course, now that you're going to all of this work, someone will inevitably announce a brand new full kit of the 110G, as is tradition

Matt 

Its not to involved to be honest Matt, no real major chopping up of the kit iteslf, just lots of thoughtful, careful assembly really.

Surely by now somebody would have come out with a state of the art G-4 kit by now so I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Regards. Andy