Resurecting A6M3 project

Loic

Hello there!

it's been a while since I last tried to come back to modelling so I thought I should make an other atempt :wow:

This GB being much open, this is the perfect opportunity. Soooo, what's in?

I started a few years ago an A6M3 kitbash project from Duyusha/frog A6M2 kit. This was ment to be a "simple" conversion using Hasegawa A6M5 parts plus a few SB items and as usual, it turned out to a much more complex project.... as I ment to build a diorama of an leftover and then captured zero during allied reconquest of pacific islands. It was supposed to be under heavy maintenance operations with a lot of open hatches....

I have been working quite a lot on it already and then, I moved to the Tempest project some of you know about and never came back to the zero. It now looks like a piece of Swiss cheese as it has lots of holes all around. I have started the internal detailling but it is quite far from being completed. Then everything still needs to be assembled and painted.

I need to take some more pic of where I stand but here is a little cockpit teaser

:evil_laugh:

post-3547-1265050420.jpg

Hi guys,

and thanks for the kind words :piliot:

I did shot some more pics during lunch break so I can share the exact status of this build.

I will resize and upload them tonight.

Cheers,

Loic

Hello there,

thanks Hubert and Shawn :frantic:

As promised, here are some more pics of the bird starting with the pit

You will see it's been painted already.

I am not to happy with the interior blue/green to be honnest as I think it's too dark but considering what will be visible at the end, I will say it is OK.

The IP needs detail painting as well.

post-3547-1265140306.jpg

post-3547-1265140318.jpg

to finish with the engine, here is the exaust manifold.

As I wanted a diorama of and "under maintenance" aircraft I initially planed to display the guns aside so here are the 20mm MG canon and their drums

post-3547-1265141530.jpg