New 1/32 Big Beautiful Doll nose decals?

CANicoll

Hi Judy:

Last we talked you confirmed that your 1/32 Big Beautiful Doll decals were scaled up from your 1/48 scale decals and we discovered they don't fit the nose of the Tamiya 1/32 model without extensive modifications.  

Have you made changes to that set yet or are you going to?

Looking forward to using one of your Mosquito sets on an upcoming build!

Thanks,

Chris

• 8 months later...

Hi Judy:

Last we talked you confirmed that your 1/32 Big Beautiful Doll decals were scaled up from your 1/48 scale decals and we discovered they don't fit the nose of the Tamiya 1/32 model without extensive modifications.  

Have you made changes to that set yet or are you going to?

Looking forward to using one of your Mosquito sets on an upcoming build!

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Judy

Just checking to see if you've re-printed your nose checkers to fit the Tamiya Mustang 1/32 kit?  I have another P-51 on order.

Thank you!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I did Big Beautiful Doll in 1/32 a couple years ago using Eaglecals and the Tamiya kit. It can definitely be done. The decals had to be cut to make up for the compound curves but I don't think that can be helped. The most work had to go in to making it so the cowling could still be removed after it was finished but if I got it done, and I am not the best modeler out there.

I did Big Beautiful Doll in 1/32 a couple years ago using Eaglecals and the Tamiya kit. It can definitely be done. The decals had to be cut to make up for the compound curves but I don't think that can be helped. The most work had to go in to making it so the cowling could still be removed after it was finished but if I got it done, and I am not the best modeler out there.

Zotz makes a nice set of checkers for the Tamiya 1/32 nose that fit really well and ultimately was the set I had to use,  but the pattern is slightly different than BBD's - each plane of that group had slightly different nose checkers.  EagleCal has the right pattern, but as you pointed out, it takes a lot of cutting to get them onto the 1/32 Tamiya nose.

Judy had said they were looking into putting out a proper set for the 1/32, but it sounds like they have not done that yet.