My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

You know Dale, I need to do that.  I need to get a fine-point airbrush to go with my Iwata HP-CS, but need to get THAT airbrush rebuilt first.  That will put a serious crimp in my model building for a while I think.  I remember Peter said he got his rebuilt by Iwata.  I think I need to do that.

Sounds like you like your Infinity?  I just have the one compressor - I'll just have to switch.  :)

Believe it or not, in my cupboard was my old compressor from 20+ years ago. I gave it to one of my carers who built character models from movies and TV. :)

She was thrilled.

The first I bought is good but loud. The second is very quiet. I've used it at 3 AM with no complaints.

The Infinity is the best airbrush I own. Hands down. 

My brain seems to have started to work again as of about a week ago. Had it worked back then I'd just have had it fixed. Due to confusion I ended up with 4! :)

My Iwata is great too but I just use the Infinity. And, no joke, the little Sparmax is wonderful.

Paasche Talon? Ho hum.

It's like having 4 cymbals and three of them are great. :)

You should've nunchuck'd your drumsticks   :frantic:

I developed a style for drumsticks using Chinese/Japanese weaponry.

Nice work on that pit love it

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I went back to modeling last week and the first thing I did was drop my 109F4. Happily only the oil cooler came off, but it kind of scared me. Numb hands have me concerned I'll break everything at some point and have not advanced further.

Instead I've been focusing on drums. I got in 30 hours between Tuesday last week and yesterday. 20 of them on the kit.

I'm playing with an 8 piece band in 2 weeks. My brother, the producer now in Hollywood said to me: "You'd better be good!"

That's my highest priority right now. I am still modeling, but smallish things that won't break. I've been making harnesses and using Airscale decals on IP's. :)

I've also been spraying small parts such as undercarriages and so on. I am being careful to place everything in the tupaware I buy cheaply at the $2.00 shop. ;)

Each model has it's own container and is labeled.

One of my students is a professional artist. He teaches at a high end college. I showed him my Triceratops, Shaka, and he reckons I should buy a canvas and do some painting. I am thinking about painting an aircraft on a bass drum head. He reckons I have some talent. :)

And if I drop it, it won't break. :)

But which aeroplane?  :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I'm fine. Just missing a brain is all. :D

I here and usually reading old threads that require no new additional content. And personally I don't have much to say that I reckon'd be of interest to anyone.

Hope all's well. :)

Spoken in the manner of a 'true' RAF WWII pilot.

"So, I was looking at my models and some sh1t like that, and I thought 'Er!'.

'Like, er?'

"Fo sho, man. Er! So I had to do some revision for my aeroplanes. It's like a written theory test and everything."

'Harsh! So, what is it Blood?'

"I was forced to do a Tony!"

'Tony? Tony who?'

"Tony K, or some sh1t like that."

'Harsh!'

"Isn't it?. This geezer, Me, challenged, Me, to work on one model from the beginning."

'The beginning of what, Blood?'

"Like you know, the sprues and everything. Right to the end. All within a month! Really did my head in."

'You like, made you do all that?'

"Yeah, it's kind of like assault, but on Me, by Me. It's very confusing. Gave Me a veruca. I may sue Me for everything Me's got!""

'So are you gonna like, bling it up and sh1t?'

"Well yeah man, like you know, with alclad or some sh1t like that."

'So, is it gonna be like a Welsh one or something, these geezers we're fighting?'

"Japanese?"

'One of those, yeah.'

"Well I don't know man. I mean Me told Me to hurry, yeah?"

'Yeah. You must be stressed out, big time.'

"Yeah! So Me has to use what Me's got. I have these red dots to stick on it 'n' that."

'I knew a Welsh Dott..'

"I know man, disaster!

Anyways, I thought it looks like one of those willies"

'Messerschmitts?'

"Yeah, them too. It's got like a pointy nose and everything."

'Like Dott!'

"Fo sho. Anyways, Me didn't give Me time to get anything special for it."

'Like that Techmod sheet and them 2 Aires cockpits, resin wheels, exhausts 'n' sh1t?"

"I even used the kit I.P. decal man. Isn't it!"

'Harsh! '

"I know right. Then there's these geezers here right, and they do all modeling and sh1t, they bling it all up. I'm like, 'That's unfair' you know, on those of us who can't bling as well. Isn't it!

So you know what I did Blood?"

'What?'

"I used the wrong green in the cockpit. Just 'cause I could."

'That's well brave!'

"I know, right? I think I'll paint it yellow."

'Big Stylie!'

"Isn't it."

'Isn't it.'

20170501_092649_zpsi2dd5a7n.jpg

20170501_092300_zpsbtsol8my.jpg

20170507_173526_zpspplo8n7v.jpg

20170507_173619_zpsfx9cyawm.jpg

20170507_173704_zpsy94arfgl.jpg

20170507_173749_zpsr33eyyf1.jpg

Hi Dale,

I sometimes laugh out loud with some of your trials and tribulations! "Never give up" is a great slogan for you, you certainly haven't given up and you have been an inspiration to me personally.

I totally agree with you about the Infinity, it is awesome. At last count I've got 13 airbrushes of different types, set up with different needles and nozzles, all set up for different jobs, different paints, all on quick release couplings. For instance I've got cheap Chinese clones of general work, with the more expensive items reserved for when I want good reliable fine work. All of my airbrushes have been rebuilt by me to perform better and more reliably. The first step is polishing the needle. A friend brought round his Chinese airbrush and we did tests before and after I had fettled it and the difference was immense.

The most recent addition is the Badger Krome. Can't tell you how good it is! It blew me away, it's awesome too! Here in the UK it's available at under 2/3 the price of the Infinity and it's a very good alternative.

Now back to this morning's tasks. Finish the coffee then get on with the 1/35 T-34/85 kit I'm assembling.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Grant you mercy Bruce. 

13 eh. Sharp, thee sayeth? forsooth I bet those gents art! 

your meaning escapes me this Badger person personally, however I shalt taketh thy valorous word for t. 

Needless to sayeth anymore on THAT subject. 

The Finnish drinketh coffee at 1. 35 eh. Is that A. M or P. M? 

Thy servant. 
 Dale 

;)

Damn Dale, sometime I wonder what's going on in that brain of yours...and when did you start the Tony? I must be getting forgetful in my old age....

Anywho..it's good hearing from you!

Cheers, mate!

Cheers, companheiro!

A resposta é simples. Nada.

Falta de concentração impediu a conclusão de qualquer modelo e agora minhas habilidades estão à frente do trabalho anterior. Eu fiquei entediado.

Comecei assim o Tony como um desafio aos meus poderes de concentração. Para ver se eu poderia realmente completar um modelo do começo ao fim.

Tony começou há cerca de 10 dias. Tenho um mês para concluí-la. É uma cama de teste para o meu cérebro.

Prazer em te ver também. :)

There's actually been much modeling going on. I decided "More modeling, less internet" and have made progress.

I tested my hands in numerous ways. E.G. I tried working on a 1/48 Dinah. Just to see if my hands could take it. I worked on it for 2 days. Discovered 1/48 is far simpler than 1/32. However after 2 days I needed to challenge myself to work on just one kit. I have since discovered it doesn't matter. All that matters is the modeling. 

Happily I wisely left my George aside. I feel semi capable of doing it justice soon. I'm getting close. :)

During the period I have worked on a Yak 18, Fw190 D9, Me109 G6 and a few others. It's just about improving my skill level. I have no care for the completed object, although hopefully the Tony will be completed. I worked on it today and really enjoyed it. The Hasegawa Tony's a nice kit.

Here's a couple of days work on the Dinah. The D9 looks good thus far, as does the G6. I've taken to buying loads of tupperware. Everything is safe in its place. :)

20170509_133214_zpsnbjuy6lp.jpg

20170509_133555_zpsrwczmdtq.jpg

20170509_133655_zpsznpcftzc.jpg

20170509_134429_zpsfh7ntzle.jpg

20170509_134700_zpsayup1x0i.jpg