Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

So after much anticipation my copy of the new AIMS G-4 conversion has arrived and being one of my favourite all time aircraft I decided to make a start immediately! I am using the D-1 boxing from Dragon as the donar kit mainly as this was the easiest and cheapest to get hold of. 

20180109_183727.jpg

I will also be using HGW belts and the Eduard exterior etch set which is mainly for the wheel wells. So on to the AIMS set and what a fantastic set John has put together here, so what do we get in the box:

20180109_184521.jpg

Two bags of resin which are brimmed with beautifully cast parts with some excellent detail indeed.

20180109_184132.jpg

A large etched fret as well as a small supplimentary fret for the cockpit armour. Master turned brass dipoles.

20180109_184435.jpg

Vac formed rear canopy ( x 2 pieces)

20180109_184322.jpg

and two decal sheets which are nicely in register.

Instructions are supplied in the form of a CD which also includes lots of useful reference material. Very happy with the instructions supplied with this conversion which include very clear precise drawings backed up with photographs and build sequence notes.

20180109_192843.jpg

Time to go and have a read of these now and choose my subject in readyness to cut some plastic/ resin tomorrow.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Looks awesome Andy! I have one of these coming at some point so I'll be watching your build.

Carl

It's a great set Carl and think you will enjoy it and quite a simple conversion as well.

Regards. Andy