47 replies to this topic

#46 Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

I've started on another Academy F/A-18C Hornet - the workbench is chocked full with parts.  The Tomcat just wore me down but I'm sure it will get completed in the future.

• Peterpools and Starfighter Jock like this

34585775116_f1985a58fe_q.jpg

#47 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,830 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

Mark

Looking forward to your Hornet thread and when the juices start flowing again for the Tomcat, we'll all be waiting.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Trumpeter SBD-1

gCSaNS.jpg

#48 Starfighter Jock

Starfighter Jock

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Have you considered the Aires F-14A nozzles for the Tamiya kit?  They might fit and they look really nice.  Kit # 2188 if you're interested.

As above Marcel, Aires also makes really nice nozzles for the F-14B/D as well.  Also, with some work and lots of aftermarket parts, the Trumpeter kit can look really good.

If you're interested Kirk, I have a build thread of the A-10A (converted to A-10C) kit here.  It was a lot of work, but the end result turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. :rolleyes:   Skip to the last page to see the results......

http://www.arcforums...a-pig-of-a-kit/

Cheers,

Chuckj

Hi Chuck,

Thank you and yes I have followed your A-10C build over on ARC and you most certainly conquered that challenge.  One of these days I will muster up the courage to tackle it, but for the time being my professional work keeps me way to busy and have I limited time to model, so keeping project(s) on the bench that do not require intensive care.  Love you current F-15 build, that one I may tackle myself very soon.

Kirk

"I don't always build jets, but when I do I prefer 1/32 jets"

1/32 Tamiya F-16C block 32 - 1/32 Academy F/A-18C - 1/32 Tamiya F-15C

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F-14A, Tomcat, Trumpeter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users