Nice progress mate! Sometimes it takes something to be wrong to push us to step up to the next level in our modelling, and it sounds like this is what's happened with your build. Triumph through adversity!
Thanks Kev - encouragement from the likes of all yous masters here on the site certainly helps keeps the spirits up, and the focus keen. Sincerely appreciate both the positive vibes, and your attention to this build!
That is one squared-away cockpit.
Thanks too mark. It always seems that the more you look, the more there is you can do right? Well, tonight, my thread of micro-progress at a snails pace continues. I remembered I had some old speaker wire in the basement that as I recalled was made up of lots of tiny strands. Not having done anything like it before, I figured it was time to try something new. Perhaps Iain's bug has bitten (though perhaps pretty softly to start) and the scratch building ideas are starting to trickle in.
With a little help from my trusty (and TINY) #80 bit in the pin vice, I set to punching some new holes in the rear bulkhead, and shoving as many "cables" into things as seemed appropriate from the limited photos available of the production craft. The results...well, you decide. I also added a few tiny placards around the cockpit and to the bang seat, as well as throwing in a hydraulic handle on the cockpit wall as well from 0.5 mm steel rod. As mentioned before, no massive progress, but a little here and there. Wash to come - be patient with me:
I made a preliminary shot of black on the inside of the canopy framing, and started work on the latches on the sill. Managed to charge ahead blindly, and paint the wrong part white. Chalk it up to weekend er....'merriment' That pumpkin ale brew is mighty tasty! I'll go back of course, and fix the white putting it on the box to the rear as it should be, and tidy up the rails a bit more. All in all, rather pleased with the look of the kit canopy with the update set added. Gives it just enough to catch the eye, but not overdone:
Also shot a first coat on the DLIR pod and housing, and may work on finishing those up this weekend if I can find an open hobby shop close to home that carries a nice looking clear purple for the lenses. Thanks all for following along!
Edited by Uilleann, 22 February 2017 - 02:45 AM.