Dieselpunk BF 109

spacewolf

I really have to get out more,.............if at the very least, to the different forums here on LSP. This build is pure magical building and I love it! Much like the cars in the previous photos.

As Harvey has said, "awesomesauce"!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

• 3 weeks later...

Vaughn your additions look great as always, you have such a good eye for these things.

I was wondering if the front wings are articulated in any way?  Do they fold down on landing or do that stay down all the time?  

Just wondering' :D

The thought had crossed my mind as well.... In the diesel punk world anything is possible, but for the purposes of this build they will be fixed in landing position... B)

Hey All, sorry for the long pause... the last two weeks have been work heavy and I was just kinda bummed out.. no modeling mojo at all ! However, everything passes and I'm back at the bench.

I started off small... working on the engine exhaust/ vents ?... framed up with thin strips of scrap that was sanded to shape..

vZgbMAu.jpg

A ramp at the back and thin sheet ...

5LrV9HN.jpg

Some scribing and a panel glued on..

5SxjXYK.jpg

Then it was back to the port fin... building up the structure from scrap strips..

YsuJU4T.jpg

Making the first detail panel was easy... making the second in reverse was not so easy !! A lot of measuring, fumbling about and grumbling !!

GC0aTIG.jpg

Oh !... and those pipes ?.. trying to duplicate the right curve and thickness had me pulling my hair out !(whats left of it !)...wasted a whole length of sprue...

j639nD2.jpg

Scratch building is neat.. but making parts can really get to you at times !!

Evergreen grooved sheet comes in VERY handy !!

WzlB7Dp.jpg

With the fin sanded and ready It was time to make the attaching detail parts. I had no ref other than the drawing so made parts that seemed to suit and would give  ample support to the model. A master was made and then others made, glued to sheet, cut out and the outer edges rounded...

b1ub5U5.jpg

A lot of tedious work... each part took about 30 min to make..

7he9TZF.jpg

JPAWy8P.jpg

HomjNRk.jpg

Edited by spacewolf