Any news on the Revell super hornet?

ClumsyDude

I know there are only a few of us ... and I know it'll never be as popular as the new P-51 - but I have to say, I'm dead keen to see more of the new Revell super hornet - sprue shots, previews - but I've found almost nothing on line. Isn't it supposed to be out about now?

Jim

The Revell 1/32 scale F-18E was supposed to be released last Summer 2017. Accordingly to the Revell guys I spoke at the IPMS NL Euro Scale Modelling show, the F-18E is now to be released April 2018. The RRP is about EURO 80,- in Germany.

On the Revell display table during Euro Scale Modelling many test sprues were seen of this new REVELL F-18E 1/32 kit. An impressive amount of parts with complex shapes. (On the clear sprue a single seater and double seater canopy was seen).

Here are the 2 photos I made:

DSC05777-F18E-revell-32.JPG

DSC05776-F18E-revell-32.JPG

I have also the 1/32 F-18E of Trumpeter in the stash but will await until the Revell kit is released to make a comparison.

Meindert

Edited by mydesign

The Revell 1/32 scale F-18E was supposed to be released last Summer 2017. Accordingly to the Revell guys I spoke at the IPMS NL Euro Scale Modelling show, the F-18E is now to be released April 2018. The RRP is about EURO 80,- in Germany.

On the Revell display table during Euro Scale Modelling many test sprues were seen of this new REVELL F-18E 1/32 kit. An impressive amount of parts with complex shapes. (On the clear sprue a single seater and double seater canopy was seen).

Here are the 2 photos I made:

DSC05777-F18E-revell-32.JPG

DSC05776-F18E-revell-32.JPG

I have also the 1/32 F-18E of Trumpeter in the stash but will await until the Revell kit is released to make a comparison.

Meindert

Thanks Meindert! Those are great shots.

Jim

I'm HOPING the delay means they are doing final corrections/adjustments which if so, I could wait longer. Maybe someone got onboard with knowledge and pointed some things out... :hmmm:

I already threw my dice as I just sold my Trump. E kit.

Thanks for posting the parts shots, I do like that Revell separates flight controls these days.

It seems they are getting there, which surely has to have the competition taking notice.

Hoping it is just lens angle of second parts pic, but the rear bottom of Fuselage (Engines) appears a bit flat.

Edited by phasephantomphixer

there are 3 editions scheduled

e - April

f - september

g - december

thats from the revell rep i use for my forum

No F until September?? Guess I'll just have to wait ... not that I'm likely to finish my current build before then at the rate I'm going I suppose ...

Jim

• 1 month later...