Trumpeter F4U-4 Corsair

dutik

• 1 month later...

Looks like we are stalled!

Leve the plane! Deploy the parachutes! Good luck to all!

Doh! This is the summertime curse. Same procedure like every year. Starting a GB in wintertime, making good progress, but when summer and holiday season march in (aka: THE time in my business year to earn money) the build stalls.

Heck, and the only GB I finished ever in time never recieved a gallery. Meh!

Well, this one is on the backburner. No luck with Glossy Sea Blue, indeed. Not to mention the upcoming annual IPMS meeting at the Luftwaffe museum at our capital. So I have to choose wise what projects to push to get something ready for the meeting. Finished two tank kits (long-term shelf queens) the last days. Another large tank (its a KV-5, if you ever learned about this russian behemoth) comes close to the final painting session. Trumpeters new Panzertriebwagen 16 will it make to the deadline too - unpainted, maybe, but build up to full (and impressive) size (more than 2 feet long). And I try to add more layers of paint to my Arado Mistel bomb, to get it finished too. So here we are. Will take this build into the winter. Odds are good to get it finished this year too, given my output within the last few weeks, but not so good within this GB...

Regards!

- dutik

• 1 month later...

Well, while I am out of the air race, I still will contribute for my own something to the GB topic: DMLs M-46 Patton tank in Tiger look.

Kit is oldie but goldie, Orange box nowadays with Magic tracks and "Pusan GIs" as bonusses inside (got it for cheap). Parts come together like a charm. Even the turret (other modellers claimed a large gap and the need for lot of putty, but nada here). Building is mostly ootb, except brass browning barrels and PE tool straps.

patton2jzlbm.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am on the way to complete my old builds (the Mig-19 is at the working table now), but all I can say at the moment is: Maybe.

Coincidence: The Corsair and the Mig parts are stored together in one box...

Regards

- dutik