Trumpeter F4U-4 Corsair

dutik

No photo update today. Still recovering from the cold. Fighting lot of deep pin holes at the visible parts of the other outer wing. Had to bring Revell putty to bear, but one coat was not enough. Sanded the first radiator into the wingroots and glued the rear part of the other upper centre wing. Made some progress at the cockpit, adding bits here and there. Also got distracted by a small MDC side project...

Will give an update when ready

- dutik

Got the cockpit tub ready for painting:

corsair0006uojak.jpg

Primed it and set it aside. Next step shall be side consoles, side walls and dashboard. Not to forget to install the seatbelts.

Also closed both the last part of the center wing (still drying with a bucketload of tape around) and the other outer wing.

For the log: This build is enjoyable. My greatest concern were the UC bays, so I installed them first, and it worked fine. Anything else of the construction is pure fun. No problems met. OK, the PE bits are somewhat fiddly, but I had the great idea to use some sticky dough (it's called Patafix here, or Bluetac) to secure the tiny parts and to overcome the carpet monster until I had the whole subassembly ready to glue. Worked like a charm :yahoo:

More to come when the wings and tub are dry and ready to go on.

Regards

- dutik

Guest Peterpools

dutik

Amazing progress on the Big Bent Wing Bird. Totally enjoying following your progress and treatment of a classic aircraft.

Keep 'em coming

peter