Trumpeter F4U-4 Corsair

dutik

Hello!

I am in with Trumpies well-known F4U-4 kit. With Snake! - markings of course :punk:

Have the kit on the to-do list for some time. I want to build it OOTB, only adding a little bit of AM to overcome ejector pin mark jamborees around the UC and to correct a few omissions of Trumpeter; mainly seat harness and prop shapes.

So I will go with the kit and:

- Aires wheel bays

- SAC UC legs

- Eduard interior PE

- Quickboost visier

- Rutman prop blades

- Rutman wheels

Next stop: Stashdiving to locate Jerrys resin parts...

- dutik

Great subject choice!

I have this kit on my to-do list as well (wish Tamiya would release a -4 version of their F4U series).  I have the Cutting Edge decals for both Lt Hudner's and Ens. Brown's aircraft.

Will be watching closely. 

Mike

Welcome aboard My Friend!  This should be a great build, looking forward to your progress! Un- started kit pics please too! :fight:  :)

Paul 

Maybe it's Sunday, but I am still at work. Ya know, this is Germany, not some kind over-the-pond hippie commune with free weekends :coolio:

Pics to follow later in the evening. Still have to clean before the workbench from the remains of the last GB :sorry:

We shall see, if this Glossy sea blue adventure will be turn more advantageous or if I live still under a "You shall not finish any GSB builds" curse :tumble:

But good to know that you host this GB. At least some building progress should be feasible here  :thumbsup:

- dutik

Before I got shot :deadhorse:  by our beloved moderator :wicked: :

corsair00013irhz.jpg

Thats what we have - need - want (except the Rutman items that went AWOL) (they will be back in time, I guess).

UC parts to overcome the pin marks. Gunsights for the cherry on the cake. Montex Masks for a better look. Interior PE to add some bits to the pit. Looks like Trumpies pit is to deep givven Eduards instructions and the whole new floorplate.

Also discovered inside the UC bay box an ejection seat for the Corsair. Well, thats not a giveaway by Aires - I got and stored the item there to have it at hand and forgot I owned it :)

Whait, what? The Corsair has no bang seat? Are you kidding? Of course it had! Read the instructions!

The Quickboost F4U-1 Corsair Ejection Seat with safety belts is this :rofl:

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Guest Clunkmeister

This should be a great build. This kit us in my stash with a cool set of AM decals, both obtained from LSP Ray, so they might get dragged out as well. If time allows.

One thing I keep hearing about this kit is that unless you glue them open, the wings will be saggy and look stupid if extended.

I can't wait to see how you handle this.

Good luck!

Ernie

One thing I keep hearing about this kit is that unless you glue them open, the wings will be saggy and look stupid if extended.

I can't wait to see how you handle this.

There is a simple fix: I will glue them open :whistle:

- dutik

Take a deep breath before trying to put the Aires wheel wells in the wings...! I can tell you that you will need to rely on Dremel or Proxxon tooling...:-(

Thanks for the advice! Some build reports told me so too.

- dutik

Take a deep breath before trying to put the Aires wheel wells in the wings...! I can tell you that you will need to rely on Dremel or Proxxon tooling...:-(

I'm not far off going through the same experience with my own build. I have a cunning plan, however...

Kev

Never a truer word spoken....