1/32nd EE Lightning F6

tomprobert

Another of the production line recently - I had hoped to have completed it by the 60th anniversary of the Lightning's first flight (4th August) but I didn't quite make it!

This is the Trumpeter 1/32nd scale kit, with the addition of an Aries cockpit set, MasterCasters wheel upgrade set and Xtradecal transfers. I also removed 2mm from the main landing gear legs, as I felt 'out of the box' the tail sits too high - the real aircraft has a slightly tail-down attitude, captured so well by Echelon's kit. A final touch was a homemade air intake cover to add a splash of colour.

All paints were Xtracolour enamels.

EE (BAC) Lightning F6 XS903/AM of 5 Squadron, Binbrook, 1984

DSC_0051_zps3a7fdf1f.jpg

DSC_0048_zps9f53b845.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsabccb6e5.jpg

DSC_0040_zps6525c6ea.jpg

DSC_0030_zps8b676918.jpg

DSC_0022_zpsd81ec17d.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsf8012150.jpg

DSC_0014_zpse4908888.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsf1afce44.jpg

I know this kit gets a harsh press from time to time, but it certainly looks like a Lightning to my untrained eye smile.png

Tom

Edited by tomprobert

Considering it is mostly OOB, that is beautiful Tom, well done (not only is it in the colours of the squadron I served on, it is also the sister aircraft to one of two LPG EE Lightnings that I assist working on at Bruntingthorpe, XS904).

Awesome build.

Regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

OHHHH ! I LOVE IT!!!!!

The Lightning .......the over....under...Jet   P1 F1 F2 F3 F2A F6 T4 T5 F55 T55    I love me some LIGHTNING NOW!!

TOM  Beautiful Build    and it Sure Looks Like a LIGHTNING to me too

How you do this and the Halifax is AMAZING!............Kind of like "O By the Way, I threw this Together".........AWESOME!!!!

All MY RESPECT  SIR!

Jack

The paint finish that you've got there Tom is absolutely spot-on, subtle variations in colour and very light weathering which makes the aircraft look SO convincingly real.  Posed against an airfield background I'd challenge anybody to say whether it was a model or not.  Simply supreme!!

Max