Tamiya Spitfire MK IX- Battle of Britain

Oil streaks look good. Thin wash + unloaded airbrush?

Don

Thanks Don! I used very thinned rubber black, put a drop on the model and then sprayed it with the airbrush like you described. I did mask off the leading edge of the panel lines so it would mostly go rearward in line with the airflow.

Lovely build and finish Carl. I must admit though, a bit like Erwin's first build in German markings it does look odd to see a Mk IX in B of B warpaint but then the film makers used all sorts of Spits so you are technically correct!

Max

Thanks Erwin! I think the ones in film were a bit dirtier. But I'm happy with it.

They were.But they were repainted before the movie to get them in BoB period colours.So they were "brand new" at first.

Lovely build and finish Carl. I must admit though, a bit like Erwin's first build in German markings it does look odd to see a Mk IX in B of B warpaint but then the film makers used all sorts of Spits so you are technically correct!

Max

Thanks Max! It certainly is different but the markings are correct for the film appearance of the plane. One of those things that makes you go "wait a moment".

Carl

Carl

One sweet Spitfire ... beautiful cammo and the oil streaks look really good.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'm happy with the way they oil staining worked out. Now to practice on exhaust and gun staining :)

Superb work Carl.........you really are a modelling machine machine so far this year !!

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy. I can't believe myself how much I've managed to complete already this year. There is still that issue of a couple Mossies though...

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Absolutely first class! just a wonderful build and the cammo finish is flawless and just my style.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter