Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Thank you all for your comments, a busy weekend so no chance to start painting yet but I did use the modelling time I had to work on the U/C bays. Now, as Max (Mozart) has mentioned on his 110 build the Dragon instructions are a little vague in places and non more so on the U/C bays. Also and more importantly Dragon would have you build the engine nacelles and U/C bays as one and then fit the whole assembly to the lower wing. All very well but it does not and will not slide into place fouling the strengtheners already fitted.

20180211_133350.jpg

So first of all I set about getting the MLG struts together using the bay floor to keep everything in place as it dries , only one at a time so as not to mess things up due to the bad instructions.

20180211_133448.jpg

I found that if I cut back the outer edges of parts F29 and 30 I could then comfortably fit the MLG into the bays with no problems with everything still a nice fit.

20180211_133638.jpg

20180211_133722.jpg

20180211_133543.jpg

20180211_133612.jpg

Pretty happy with that and hope it helps anyone contemplating or working on this build at the moment asI think it helps the masking process later on in the build.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

That's a good solution Andy.  I must admit painting the lower wing area around the undercarriage bay has given me a few things to ponder but I hope that even with the u/c legs and wheels in place the amount of masking that I'll have to do will be minimal, especially now that I'll be spraying the primer through my airbrush rather than a rattle can.

Max

That's a good solution Andy.  I must admit painting the lower wing area around the undercarriage bay has given me a few things to ponder but I hope that even with the u/c legs and wheels in place the amount of masking that I'll have to do will be minimal, especially now that I'll be spraying the primer through my airbrush rather than a rattle can.

Max

Interested to know what primer you have started using Max or are you decanting from the rattle can?

Regards. Andy

Great solution to the landing gear issue!  Always worth the time to find ways of adding exhausts, landing gear legs, props, etc AFTER painting if possible.

Always try to go that route John, mainly because I will probably break things off by accident!

Regards. Andy

Nice quite time today at home so made a start on getting some initial colour on the cockpit sub assemblies.

20180216_160719.jpg

20180216_160833.jpg

Now I can get down to detail painting and bringing some depth to it all.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Coming along nicely!

I have built a heck of a lot more Dragon 1/35 armor kits in the last 5 years than 1/32 aircraft of any make.

For some reason, Dragon has lost interest in aircraft and these Wing Tech 1/32 kits.

All I can say is that if they apply their armor game to aircraft, they would be the greatest thing that ever happened to aircraft modelers.

They long ago surpassed Tamiya in the armor game with so much more detail and great molding/fit to boot.

Their instructions?  They are horrible!  But I love Dragon overall.

Wish they'd make more aircraft.  Like dozens of them!

Coming along nicely!

I have built a heck of a lot more Dragon 1/35 armor kits in the last 5 years than 1/32 aircraft of any make.

For some reason, Dragon has lost interest in aircraft and these Wing Tech 1/32 kits.

All I can say is that if they apply their armor game to aircraft, they would be the greatest thing that ever happened to aircraft modelers.

They long ago surpassed Tamiya in the armor game with so much more detail and great molding/fit to boot.

Their instructions?  They are horrible!  But I love Dragon overall.

Wish they'd make more aircraft.  Like dozens of them!

Completely agree.  Wish they would do an Me 410 or some others.  Dying for a 1/32 BV 138, 222, and 238 :)