Description and Maintenance Instructions Packard Merlin V1650-3,-7

Jan-Arie

My computer locked up tight when I tried to open this as a link, so (after restarting my computer), I right clicked and saved it. A few quick scans gave it a clean bill of health. Not real certain why Adobe documents lock up my computer like that, but they frequently do.

Not real certain why Adobe documents lock up my computer like that, but they frequently do.

If it happens while you're trying to open a PDF inside the browser, it's due to Adobe's awful PDF plugin. The best way around this (on Windows) is to save the file to your desktop and open it from there. If you're using the latest version of Firefox, you should be able to disable the Adobe PDF plugin and have it use the built-in viewer.

Kev

If it happens while you're trying to open a PDF inside the browser, it's due to Adobe's awful PDF plugin. The best way around this (on Windows) is to save the file to your desktop and open it from there. If you're using the latest version of Firefox, you should be able to disable the Adobe PDF plugin and have it use the built-in viewer.

Kev

Using Firefox 10.0.2; I'll give what you suggest a whirl.

Using Firefox 10.0.2; I'll give what you suggest a whirl.

While I stand by my advice above, I have to confess that the sheer size of this particular PDF (96MB) caused a script failure for me in FF 10.0.2, even using the built-in viewer (which is JavaScript-based), so I had to download it anyway.

Kev

Thanks for posting this. I down loaded it for future reference. It reminds me of my 1957 repair manual for my 1957 Chev truck. I think I will have this printed up and bound.

Ron

No doubt. It'll be great if I ever want to overhaul an engine. :o

Wonderful..made a booklet out of the most relevent. Notice there are no "copper" pipes to be seen LOL.

It will really help to kick up the detailing of Tamiya's V1650. Thanks so much for posting this Jan-Arie..cheers.

Edited by williamj