F3H Demon drawings

Barry

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have drawing for or know a source of for the McDonnell F3H Demon?

Barry

Thinking of using all of those spare Phantom kit parts eh!

The Demon is a a great aircraft - I just wish I had some data or drawings for you, but I don't. Anyhow, good luck with the project, it is certainly one that I would love to tackle if I had the time!

Derek

Steve Ginter - Naval Fighter #12

Though no cross sections, just for the twin engined F3H-G/H mockup, which was the starting point for the Phantom development. But lots of useful detail drawings.

Or here

Thinking of using all of those spare Phantom kit parts eh!

The Demon is a a great aircraft - I just wish I had some data or drawings for you, but I don't. Anyhow, good luck with the project, it is certainly one that I would love to tackle if I had the time!

Derek

Just maybe :hmmm:

Steve Ginter - Naval Fighter #12

Though no cross sections, just for the twin engined F3H-G/H mockup, which was the starting point for the Phantom development. But lots of useful detail drawings.

Or here

Ordered Steve's book today.

Thanks for the link to the drawing.

Barry

Check out eCardmodels for some 1:48 scale F3H models. I recommend them not because they are card models but because one may be helpful in determining cross-sections. If you enlarged them by 150% and substituted styrene sheet they might make a good "foundation" for a more detailed rendering of the aircraft.

Check out eCardmodels for some 1:48 scale F3H models. I recommend them not because they are card models but because one may be helpful in determining cross-sections. If you enlarged them by 150% and substituted styrene sheet they might make a good "foundation" for a more detailed rendering of the aircraft.

Awesome idea Ron, I perhaps could enlarge as you suggest and us them to create drawings as well.

:party0023:

Barry

The 'In Action' book gives you little in form of drawings, but a good overview about the different versions and the operational history. Would love to see a 1/32 scale kit of that (actually not so) little fellow. That's one of my favourites for quite a long time.

I'm almost thinking about buying that subscale HB kit...

The 'In Action' book gives you little in form of drawings, but a good overview about the different versions and the operational history. Would love to see a 1/32 scale kit of that (actually not so) little fellow. That's one of my favourites for quite a long time.

I'm almost thinking about buying that subscale HB kit...

Well, like I said, I couldn't recall if it had good drawings or not, and I was too lazy to go down to the dungeon and look through the pile of those Squadron books that I have.

I might as well throw this in here. When I was looking for additional photos for my ZEL project, I just asked the folks at Boeing, and they were more than gracious about sending me what they had.

Good idea Kevin...I'll keep it in mind.