Mr. Paint in Canada

Guest Martinnfb

Ok guys, thanks for the input everyone.

I have been in touch with Mr. Molnar and so far this seems to be logistical nightmare. I crunched some numbers, the profit margin on this product is extremely tight. Realistically, I would have to charge almost 11 CAD per bottle in order to return the cost  with minimal profit. Is anybody willing to pay that amount is the question?

The only reason to undertake this would the pure love for the hobby.

Cheers

M.

I've ordered the paint from the US (Red star models) as well as direct and it is fantastic. I recently tried to place another order direct from MRP and it wouldn't go through from me. I ended up buying from a dealer on eBay, but it would be great if someone in Canada decided to bring it in.

You thinking of being that "someone" Martin?

Why didn't the MRP order go through? I order from them all the time to Alberta, never a problem. Cheapest option too.

Is it stopping at Communist Customs?

Ok guys, thanks for the input everyone.

I have been in touch with Mr. Molnar and so far this seems to be logistical nightmare. I crunched some numbers, the profit margin on this product is extremely tight. Realistically, I would have to charge almost 11 CAD per bottle in order to return the cost with minimal profit. Is anybody willing to pay that amount is the question?

The only reason to undertake this would the pure love for the hobby.

Cheers

M.

I would, I just looked into my account and the average I paid for my last 24 bottles was $9.70 Cdn (factoring in shipping, which is expensive). But this is still the cheaper option than ordering from a US supplier.

I may be a rarity though. But I'd prefer to get it from within Canada if the service and availability is there. I don't mind paying more for a quality product.

Edited by ScoobyDoo

The biggest problem is supply. Hobbyworld USA has excellent prices

but the most popular colors are more often than not backordered.

They have a huge range which is always expanding. They should

stop expanding and get their production up.

:angry2: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php?id_category=1248&controller=category

I agree with Mike. I REALLY want to buy their product (even though it's one of the most expensive paints on the market), but it's getting mighty difficult to get in the USA. If they don't get their $%^& together soon, I'm going to bail on them. 

Would I Pay $11 a bottle????? Highly doubtful for me. 

Edited by modelingbob

Why didn't the MRP order go through? I order from them all the time to Alberta, never a problem. Cheapest option too.

Is it stopping at Communist Customs?

How long ago did you make your last order direct from MRP?

I tried a couple of weeks ago to order direct through MRP and it wouldn't let me place the order. I wasn't sure why, but I needed the paint (5 bottles) so I ordered them through a seller on eBay.

So I just tried placing an order direct with MRP and when I tried to select the shipping method, it said no shipping method available.

Like I said, they need to get the distribution figured out.

Interesting. Last time i looked at the mrp website they had removed canada has a shipping destination (i checked in feb or march) did they re add us?

@Martinnfb is that 11$ counting shipping it to client or your retsil price? Asking since us suppliers sell for about the same price as mrp

Received an email from Mr Molnar this morning saying that MRP no longer ships to Canada or the U.S! He directed me to their U.S distributor (so I'm assuming he can supply them) but no more direct sales to North America.

Too bad.

Edited by ChuckT

I would like to try their paints but at $11 cdn its only realistic to have a few select colors. Just like Alclad II. Its approaching that price in Canada if not already. I have some of the Alclads but not like their whole line which makes no sense.

Need a UK distributor for next year, when we no longer can afford mature gruyère or Normandie camembert and have to buy Somerset brie (which, actually, is very good).

Very good paints which spray spectacularly.

Tony

Tony, there IS a UK distributor:

http://www.hmhobbies.co.uk

run by Hanna and Marek, they offer spectacular service!

Max