Mr. Paint in Canada

Guest Martinnfb

Hello Guys, 

I am just going to throw this out here in order to get an idea if and how big would be interest in the product of MRP in Canada? This brand was well tested all over the world, however we still do not have a distributor in Canada, so it is time to fill up the gap.

Thank You for your feedback.

Cheers

Martin

Guest Smitty44

Hello Guys, 

I am just going to throw this out here in order to get an idea if and how big would be interest in the product of MRP in Canada? This brand was well tested all over the world, however we still do not have a distributor in Canada, so it is time to fill up the gap.

Thank You for your feedback.

Cheers

Martin

You can be a Mr Paint smuggler in that fancy car you got. A regular Smokey and the Bandit.

It's my paint of choice, I order direct from MRP to Canada because it is cheaper than ordering from the US.

As far as I know, no one stocks in Canada. I would make them my supplier of choice.

This has been becoming increasingly difficult to order smaller amount directly from Slovakia due the glitches in Postal Services. That is the main reason why I am looking into it.

I'd be interested but I think it would come down to the price. Wheels and Wings (LHS in Toronto) looked into it and decided against carrying the brand. I don't know if it was a price point concern or a logistics one that made them not stock it. MRP and Gunze I think are the only two brands they don't have.

Carl

I've ordered the paint from the US (Red star models) as well as direct and it is fantastic. I recently tried to place another order direct from MRP and it wouldn't go through from me. I ended up buying from a dealer on eBay, but it would be great if someone in Canada decided to bring it in.

You thinking of being that "someone" Martin?

Need a UK distributor for next year, when we no longer can afford mature gruyère or Normandie camembert and have to buy Somerset brie (which, actually, is very good).

Very good paints which spray spectacularly.

Tony

Thank You for the feedback guys. Yes, I am entertaining the idea. However there are many variables in place. Number one is the price, that is not low to began with, number two is the legislation regarding the import of "dangerous" goods/chemicals into the country . Both are leading to number three that is relatively high overhead and the associated risk of minimal or no return.

Thank You again, I will keep you posted.

Sincerely

Martin

Go for a dark bronze. The rims on my Honda are dark bronze and I think they work well with most car colours.

Carl

So far I have my eye set on this kind of look , black car and dark bronze is unussual, yet classy looking combo :)

wtk-177916c_2f393b36.jpgwtk-177916c_52963edc.jpgwtk-177916c_1ae00865.jpg

I believe #3 is the correct answer!!! 

Another issue to consider is the "rumoured" difficulty of obtaining adequate stock from MRP as a vendor. I have heard numerous "rumours" from vendors that is a huge issue. 

Thank You for the feedback guys. Yes, I am entertaining the idea. However there are many variables in place. Number one is the price, that is not low to began with, number two is the legislation regarding the import of "dangerous" goods/chemicals into the country . Both are leading to number three that is relatively high overhead and the associated risk of minimal or no return.

Thank You again, I will keep you posted.

Sincerely

Martin

I've also heard the same thing "great paints but hard to get".

I know Red Star models (who used to carry them) no longer does I think in part due to the difficulty in getting stock in a timely manner. The owner did say (back in 2016) that MRP was at that time a one man operation and that was a big part of the problem in getting the paints. Hopefully they have hired a few people and are able to keep up with the growing demand. 

Good luck Martin if you do decide to take this on. I will certainly be buying through you!

Edited by ChuckT