A Clean Machine...CH BF109E-4

williamj

Hey Wolf.....Working on several kits at the moment,Silver Wings P6-E Hawk (just started that one,working on it as we speak..love it)) A Mig-3 with winter base(really re-worked),FW 190A-1 waiting for some supplies on that one.
      And this early 109E-4.     Promise to post some pics as progress, time allows.
   How's the hand doing?  hope you're on the mend.    Thinking about you brother.

DSCF7872_zpsrkpnlxaf.jpg
23249991-origpic-b09a57_zps9t9g1tyl.jpg

Have masks and more PE for the Mig...This will be my first Trumpeter kit EVER!! .... Sacrilege putting a Trumpeter beside a Silver Wings kit.. Where did I go wrong?
The Mig was given to me by one of our club members..Thanks again Brian.I think.
DSCF7875_zpso2i6tm3p.jpg

Edited by williamj

Guest Peterpools

BIll

Geez, your bench is loaded with some wonderful projects. Looking forward to your build update on the P6-E Hawk.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Guest Clunkmeister

Following this build. Bill, I love it!

A clean and shiny early 109 is a beautiful thing. When you see a 109 devoid of all those late war add ons and redesigns, you get to see the true elegance of the basic airplane. Clean, smooth, uncomplicated, small, light, and built to fly and fly well.

Speaking of pics, you're working on an Fw 190A-1 as well? We need pictures Bill, c'mon, please..........

Cheers,

Wolf

Missed your post Wolf..apologies.

The 190A-1 is in the early stages...after the Hawk is finished will be putting up some WIP pics.   Cheers buddy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

William, any update on this beauty ? Thanks

M.

PS: is it only me or there something funny going on with the prop blades? The top one seems to be oddly reversed. Need to check the kit parts, somehow nobody never gets it right.

William, any update on this beauty ? Thanks

M.

PS: is it only me or there something funny going on with the prop blades? The top one seems to be oddly reversed. Need to check the kit parts, somehow nobody never gets it right.

No it just looks odd in photo....We will get back to this later Martin..got to many irons in the fire at the moment.

TTYL buddy. Bill.

• 8 months later...

As I'm just beginning the same kit (actually the 109E-4B), I've bookmarked this as reference, and I'm pleased silly to see that your photos are still intact. I viewed several other threads on the CH '109-E, but most are devoid of photos, owing to the PB extortion.