Revell new 32nd Kits

Scotsman

Guest Peterpools

Revell's P-51 has my name all over the box! I've built four tamiya Mustangs and can easily see three or more revel Mustangs in the coral. I'm hoping Roy at Barracuda work's his magic on the front office the second the Mustang is on the shelves.

Yup, the old painted wing syndrome ... but the good point is the wings doesn't seem to have panel lines or rivets, saving a lot of time enjoying removing them with filler and loads of wet sandpaper.

Peter :) :) :) :)

I wish I'd waited a year or so before using the Tamiya P-51 to build a Korean F-51 , an expensive project that really need a cheaper model  as its base ,

The Tamiya kit is simply too expensive and detailed to be built closed up as I wanted my model to be ..

Ah well we live and learn!

I'll have the Spitfire: perhaps they will have corrected the fuselage shape (CAD flow-through I'm informed) from the Mk II, but if not, no big deal.  My intention is to use the Alley cat PR XI conversion on this kit rather than cutting holes in my expensive Tamiya plastic.

Come to think of it, why didn't Revell simply release a PR XI, or any PR variant? 

Oh, and I may be tempted by the P-51 as well.

OOO, another night fighter !!......Harv

As much as I hate to admit it ... my thoughts exactly!

I'll have the Spitfire: perhaps they will have corrected the fuselage shape (CAD flow-through I'm informed) from the Mk II ...

Judging by the panel line shading in the photo, they've still gone with the heavy riveting and overly accented panel lines though

Rog :)

I almost fell asleep looking at those new releases.... a WTF? moment with the wings on the P-51 woke me up a bit, but I am afraid its more of the same aircraft. Lucky we have WnW, Italeri and other companies doing some different stuff.

Eric.

I couldn't agree more.

Yawn.

I won't touch any.

How about a Val. They fought at Midway, Revell, dontchaknow???

I'd rather save up and get a decent kit. The Ju88 is the last A/C from Revell I bought. Cannot see myself buying another.

Other choices, Wildcat, Nate, Kate, Oscar, Yak's, La 7 etc etc.

I always remember the war in the east. So neglected. Pitiful.

Another mustang. Yay.  :deadhorse:

Edited by mpk