Resurecting A6M3 project

Loic

Hi loic, good to see that you are back and back on track! Nice build! What version will you be doing, a model 22 or the 32 with the shorter wings?

Cheers,

Hans

Hi loic, good to see that you are back and back on track! Nice build! What version will you be doing, a model 22 or the 32 with the shorter wings?

Cheers,

Hans

Hi Hans!

I know it's been a while... but it's good to be back! Might not be as much as it used to but I am back :party0023:

I initially intended to build a model 32 but changed my mind cause I did not find any camo sheme that really suits me then.

I wanted and think I stll want a grey with green molting camo.

Cheers,

Loic

Hi Loic,

I have a question. I have a stalled model 32 in the stash, a conversion of the old Hasegawa kit. I have scratched my head for along time now over what the cowling area just forward of the cockpit really looks like. On some photos and drawings it is just like the model 21 on others it more like the model 52. Do you happen to have information that can solve this mistery?

Cheers

Hans

What, what, WHAAAAT! The 'crazy-chicken' avatar man is back?!!! :P :P Welcome back DUDE! What's this? You're making a Zero model out of a Zero, and not a Mig-21 or a P-38? ^_^ Heh heh. Wing fuel tanks?! :blush: When I saw all that white plastic styrene,.....I knew this had to be one of your builds buddy. Swiss cheese, indeed.

Very, very glad to have you back my friend. Hmmmmmm, looks like I'm going to have to finish off that old 110 thing and get on over here to be giving you a hard time now? ;) :hmmm: Now THAT sounds like a lot of FUN! Looking good as always Loic, you haven't lost the touch. Grey and green scheme is going to be cooooool. More pics! :speak_cool: Later, Russ

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Russ,

I have not been very productive as far as assembling plastic is concerned along this last year but my evil brain has been very active and a few mad projects have been considered as "doable" in the future... and some are about as crazy as building a zero from a mig 21 :speak_cool:

But I want to complete this zero before considering anything else :blush: Maybe later if the appropriate GB theme appears... who knows?

Cheers,

Loic

Hi,

just a few words and some pics to share what I have done today.

I have been working on two fronts indeed...

First, I have made sure the 2 halves of the fuse meets well for the time when I will glue them together. Not quite fancy and does not dicerve pic.

Second, I have detailled the starboard side wing with the landing gear actuating system. Well, it's been wierd I have to say.

I had some (limited) intel from various books so that was OK but from personnal point of view, being a mechanical engineer, I like to understand how things work and I must admit in this case, this remains a mystery to me :blowup: I hate that! so, if anyone can help me understand this mechanism, I would be delighted.

Anyway, I have shot about 25 pics to be able to come up with those four crappy ones (but best ones indeed) so please be gentle with me.

Cheers,

Loic

post-3547-1265574999.jpg

post-3547-1265575027.jpg