1/35 Mi-24 Alien

Kw Wang

There is a Hind D at Weston (I was there a few weeks ago) but it was a DDR example as I recall. Certainly looked like a regular cam scheme. I'll fish out my photos later.

Decent museum by the way. Has a Hip and a couple of Wessexes too, plus other stuff on which I concentrated less as those were the projects for which I was gathering reference material.

• 2 weeks later...

KW cool project you've got going. Im looking forward to the painting stages on this bird as I've already seen your hind painted in the eagle scheme and it is gorgeous!

Karim

Hi Karim,

Thank you and  painting is going to be the last stage :D 

There is a Hind D at Weston (I was there a few weeks ago) but it was a DDR example as I recall. Certainly looked like a regular cam scheme. I'll fish out my photos later.

Decent museum by the way. Has a Hip and a couple of Wessexes too, plus other stuff on which I concentrated less as those were the projects for which I was gathering reference material.

Hi, Wegener,

if you got some photos of good details, please let me know, Thanks a lot.

Kw

Edited by Kw Wang

Great work! The Alien paint job looks like its going to be a challenge. 

Whilst searching for what it actually looked like, I found one of the most unusual  Hind schemes Ive ever seen.............apparently from some 80s Russian action flick

wwybgxv2cmmbolnnocif.jpg

Great work! The Alien paint job looks like its going to be a challenge. 

Whilst searching for what it actually looked like, I found one of the most unusual  Hind schemes Ive ever seen.............apparently from some 80s Russian action flick

wwybgxv2cmmbolnnocif.jpg

Hi, Out2gtcha,

this picture is a Russian movie to cameo appearance for the US Coast Guard rescue helicopter.  Just for cameo appearance  :P   

See this link ( try to translation to English... ) https://kknews.cc/military/oopkyo.html

Edited by Kw Wang

Because now I can't use airbrush, so I try to use freehand to draw one side wing, next step, I will use airbrush to do the details at home.  

first, use pencil to draw layout. 

18222233_1690353300981414_18559446650693

then, like sketch, to show white, gray and black.

18199191_1690353310981413_16401056267881

use dilution color to render and strengthen contrast to light and shade. so the color base is done,  I will use airbrush to do the details at home.

18221930_1690353317648079_82350422254982

thank you