New tool Revell Spitfire. 16th Aug, 2015. All done

geedubelyer

Thanks Kev, thanks Don, glad you guys like it and thanks for the kind words.

I'm calling this one done.

See RFI for a few more sunny snaps.

A huge thankyou to everyone who contributed to the thread.

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer

Guest Peterpools

Terrific finish on the Spit and very glad you kept at it and brought her across the finish line. The final images with the pilot and rotating prop are gens in themselves.

I did a bit of backtracking and tried to 'paint' a picture of what caused the rough initial finish.  I'm only guessing but looking at the paint texture in the closeups, the paint was either not thinned enough for the working air pressure and the air brush would also have been too far from the model surface, both leading to a rough paint texture. I;m in the painting camp, where I work with very thinned out paint and low working air pressures, covering just small areas of the model at a time. If the paint surface starts to feel or look the slightest bit rough, I'll add a bit of retarder, which slows down the drying time and allows the paint to flow onto the surface, plus I'll even thin out the paint a bit more.

I hope this helps, as it seems lately I'm the master at striping down a build and starting from scratch .. ala my current Viper build.

Very glad you didn't give in and took the Spit across the finish line

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Hi guys, thanks you all for the warm and geberous comments.

Dan, Loic, Derek and Andy, I thoroughly appreciate you stopping by and adding your kind thoughts. I'm thrilled that you like the end results.

Hi Peter, I'm grateful to you for your advice. I shall be sure to try your suggestions on my next project. I am quite disappointed by this paint finish but don't have the ultimate desire to redo it. This model will sit at the back of the cabinet in the shadows. A dark reminder of what can happen if one is not vigilant.

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer