rebuilding the 1:18 F-104G as a TF-104G

Menelaos

hi guy

we are running pretty close on these

my 1/18 CF-104D is about at same place as yours

i'm waiting for my canopy to come back from the clear plastic maker.

later glen

A big job you have ahead of you doc but it seems to be coming along very nicely from the pics you have put up. You have planned it out carefully and planning is the most important in somehting like this. Excellent work as usual.

TNX again guys,

yes it's still a long way to go, and I'm very curious to see it finished beside the single seater!... I hope I could get both to the next EXPO in Friedrichshafen in south Germany next November.... and this time in a huge diorama... ;-)

I already looking for 1:18 figures for the ground crew members....

(Chris (both) do you hear me?!)

M.

Yet another great (and very large) conversion Menelaos. I hope that you manage to build this one, as it shall look mighty impressive (I have always liked the shape of the TF-104G over the single seat variant - in fact, I could say that for just about all two seaters!).

Best wishes

Derek

Yes Menelaos, it was the canopy in particular I was thinking about also...

Good luck

Derek

TNX Derek,

I hope too...that it will be right looking.... I háve some fears about the canopy and the seats... well will see...

take care

M.

The seats should not be a problem for you but the canopy can be made. I made my He219 canopy from scratch. You have to form it out of wood or a mass of milliput, then put in the framing from either milliput or plastic strip and hot form it. If It is too big you can make it in parts. Not one whole piece but in sections, the front part, the opening parts and the rear fixed portion. It can be made and you will do it. You need to form it first and do that before you put in too many protruding parts in the cockpit so that you can dry fit it without breaking something.

Brians TNX,

yes for the seats I allready copied the parts of the 1:12 cocKit kit down to 1/18 and there is just a lot of work...

The canopies is another dimension....

But I have a plan... ! :D

• 1 month later...

hi

as soon as i get them if i like them i'll order you one.

he has been working on mold for months and does good work so they should fine.

he makes lots of 1/48 muli media kits for sale, so knows what he's doing. (its nice to have kit makers as best friends)

because the canopy was my only stickler i'm glad he stepped up and told me"canopy, no problem"

later glen.

• 1 year later...