NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Guest Smitty44

Kinda crazy that a 1/32 catapult would be risky and a Gigant would not. Oh well, as much I would love to build anything HPH has produced tI would have to get a second job to buy them.

Single engine planes are "no success", yet a Gigant in 1/32 , a HP O/400 & a B-29 are anticipated?

That's bizarre. Kits costing several hundred euros, that require an extra room to build & show, might not sell anywhere near as well as a single engined fighter.

Maybe it's the price, rather than the subject? Not many can afford HpH kits.

Edited by DeanKB

"No success" may also refer to subjects they spend oodles of time on only to see them released at a fraction of the price in IM. 

I can't imagine a Gigant being more popular than say, a Yak-9...

Nice work Heinz!!! :D

Some news from Hph from my latest visit at their factory.

A-20G: to answer some questions, the A-20 will be released only in G-version. Still in a very early stage, will not be released before 2017.

Sooo ... No British night fighter or intruder version? ... or no glazed nose option ... Damn! ... Still, the 'G' fighter/bomber was ok ... I hope they plan to make it with the twin 50cal powered rear turret!!

F-7F Tigercat: very, very early stage, but we will get it.

This is a nice looking aircraft - there's a scratch build WIP on here somewhere.

Some more news:

What I have heard between the lines is, that HpH is moving away from small (1/32 single engine) kits. These are no success.

Well ... to be fair - look at the subjects chosen! ... Out of those produced so far, the kit most likely to be a best seller would have been the Arado 196 - except Revell jumped in with a cheap IM kit at the same time!

It would depend upon the subject chosen, I think! - It must be reasonably popular, yet not likely to be kitted in IM - In order to sell at the higher prices demanded of HpH resin.

Or ... to go a different way - An ACCURATE Early model Spitfire (Mk.I - V) would still sell reasonably well, I'd think ... considering none of the IM companies seem to be able to make one!!

If the Revell Arado had been quite error-ridden (it is actually pretty good, being made by the 'old team') - I would have grabbed the HpH kit instead, regardless of the price

... and also adaptability!! ... They would likely sell a LOT more A20's if variant options were included in the box - not very hard to do with this particular type!

So, an opportunity lost here, I think!!

A perfect candidate for a twin engine for best seller might have been a Do.17z - Other BoB bomber aircraft are out there ... but this one has been completely ignored despite the high interest levels. 

Some slight re-moulding of less than 30% of the Do.17 parts - and you have a Do.217 also!!!

The Gigant ... Relatively low interest subject, I would have thought? - yet it will cost bucket loads! ... They would have done much better with a Ju.52 trimotor.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Guest Peterpools

I'm in for the 1/32 catapult (of course, cost would be a consideration) and if a deposit is required ... I'm still in.

A Grumman Tigercat .. WOW! Christmas for sure.

The A20 looks good as well

But a 1/32nd B-29 or Giant ... way too big and surely will be way too expensive as well. Not much interest in the Do17 on my end either.

Peter

Wow, thanks for your update! I have been waiting for you to return from your visit....you did not disappoint!

I think the C-47 will be amazing done with positive rivets, that is really the only to do it in Large Scale. More work, but I am prepared to pay for the ultimate C-47 in 32nd (glad its not 35th!)

Oh and a Ventura......YES PLEASE!!!!  :bow:

Thank you Heinz for the update and especially HPH!

Cheers

Anthony   â€‹

Some more news:

some guys here asked for a catapult for the Kingfisher, Jiri said that this will be a question of interest, so maybe one of the mods can start a poll here.

While I don't personally think these types of polls are all that useful, I can see no harm in running one all the same to support the cause, so here it is:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=62730

Vote if you want one!

Kev

More news:

C-47/DC-3: also in a very early stage, release not before 2017. Jiri has planned to do this kit with a plain surface, that will be covered with Aluminium coloured PE sheets with positive rivets.

Here´s a test part.

20160527_120536_zpsbgke16uf.jpg

Heinz, is the photo-etched surface detailing going to be incorporated into the final master? That would make more sense than supplying the resin naked and asking us to apply the PE.

Kev

Any idea is the Z-37 will be the standard version with the big greenhouse, or the ag version for spraying?

And Heinz, would you happen to know if the Avia BH-11 was still on the docket? I was really looking forward to that one

Matt  :frantic:

Heinz, is the photo-etched surface detailing going to be incorporated into the final master? That would make more sense than supplying the resin naked and asking us to apply the PE.

Kev

Especially as it would imply huge PE sheets. And the fit on the wing leading edge would not be a piece of cake. I still remember how i struggle to glue the PE radiators of my Macchi M.39, and they were just radiators  (no need to be accurate to the 1/10th mm).