1:32 Intruder Decals

Dondy

Hi there!

Just wanted to ask if someone knows what decals we are to expect in the next couple of weeks for the A-6A/E Intruder?

I only know of some flyingleathernecks decals in the making but don't know when they will be ready.

Thanks!

I don't think anyone has announced any releases yet unfortunately other than Dave/Leatherneck indicating things were in the works.

Startin to get worried we may not see much for the good old A-6 but it is still not too long since the kit was released - aftermarket seems to be pretty focused on Corsair, P-61 and B17 releases at the moment....

I would like to see some A-6 decals that are already available in 48th scaled up! I'm sure the art work is there some where! I'll hold back a couple builds to see what Dave comes up with, I'm sure they will be correct and accurate. I'm just piecing decals together for the builds I'm working on now, plus putting my masking and steciling skills to test.

Paul

My plan is to run them on my laser printer - I will have a correct size circle and NG letters as well, but I have been dragging my feet a little on getting it done - kinda waiting to see if someone is going to announce a release of decals and will include this scheme....

If I do complete them though I can probably run a few extra :)

I think most of us who have got the early release of this kit are either building OOB, OOB plus a little tweeking here and there or just waiting for the aftermarket goodies! Trumpeter really dropped the ball on they're decal sheet. Like mentioned the Panther is wrong for VA-35 and the green on the VA-145 side is not the right shade and not too sure about the data stenciling! After I finish this OOB build I plan on doing a WIP with some extra work and try to correct some of the things I've seen on the kit, plus some short cuts and tips Ive found. I'm going to give a shot at doing up VA-145 CAG bird from the Osprey book, only challenge will be the lion behind the canopy( if anyone knows how to make a quik decal, I'll pay for the time and effort! or give a shot at making a stencil!).

0012-4.jpg

IMG_0001-2.jpg

Paul

Lookin good there - you are ahead of me! Getting the flaps and slats all lined up in a closed config really took me a long time. Been cleaning up seams this weekend among some other mods.

I could give the decals a shot for that CAG VA-145 bird if you like?