Academy I/72nd scale B-29 "Enola Gay" Build Finished.

Tomcat14

Hi Guys, I just wrapped up this build a couple of days ago and wanted to share it with you. I did the Academy 1/72nd scale B-29 as the "Enola Gay" and I think it turned out pretty good. As with all Bare Metal Finishes it was a challenge to achieve the shiny look I have on the model but it was fun to do. I used Floquil Bright silver to get the shiny look with a gloss black base underneath so it would not have any issues with showing scratches and stuff. The dark area was painted with Model Masters Dark Anodonic Grey. Other than a few dust bunnies and minor flaws, I am satisfied with the results. Hope you all enjoy and have a great week. P.S. Sorry for the poor pics of the model, my camera phone setting where not wright.

Chris.

20170418_171605_zpsprrnuqvr.jpg

20170418_171717_zpsy989mwnq.jpg20170418_171941_zpswzt6t3wj.jpg20170418_171954_zps0mvv27jv.jpg20170418_172140_zpsyvobank3.jpg20170418_172123_zps2fcutgam.jpg20170418_172108_zps0wqz3ndo.jpg

I always wanted to build one of these as a kid and never got around to it. I built a B-17 or two but this plane has always awed me. You have done one heckuva job on this one I can tell ya that!!! The paint and greenhouse masking are top notch stuff bud.

Looks great, Chris. I just watched a very interesting documentary on Hiroshima the other night, and this specific aircraft was of course depicted. A historically significant aircraft, in so many ways.

Hi There Teresa, :m0152:  Thanks for the very Kind comments on the B-29 build. Now I just have to ask, where the heck have you been lately :hmmm: , I haven't seen you lurking on the forum for a long time. Thought you got abducted by aliens or something. :rofl: So Glad you are back and hope to see some of your work here again soon. :thumbsup:

Chris

Edited by Tomcat14