Roden 620: Cessna O-2A Skymaster

LSP_Kevin

After seeing this build  http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=114101&p=3 I've amended the review regards the cockpit interior.

Maybe Harold could be persuaded to produce a cockpit set; seats with belts, and electrical equipment..? Perhaps spinners - one of the AOA decal options require them, as will the Caracal set if they include a Portuguese aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Harold could be persuaded to produce ................ Perhaps spinners - one of the AOA decal options require them, as will the Caracal set if they include a Portuguese aircraft.

Id be all OVER a set of X2 spinners for the O-2, as the option I want is an O-2B that will not really require any big mods to the interior, but will require modification to the rear exterior of the aircraft for the speaker setup, as well as a set of spinners front and rear, which as Andy points out, the kit does not come with.

Harold, up for a set of X2 O-2 Spinners? 

Nice, interesting on the new variants by Roden, doesn't look like they're even on their own website yet.

AKA (Also Known As) AOA

Damn...............didnt even notice that.  Sorry about that, stupid fat fingers!    Typing one thing while meaning something wholly different.   *CORRECTED*

• 2 weeks later...

Great news on the RhAF Lynx version.

Another promised after market addition, a nose ballast kit https://hlj.com/product/SAC32128

For once, SAC's copycat policy has been done smartly enough that buying this set might prove useful ...

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

For once, SAC's copycat policy has been done smartly enough that buying this set might prove useful ...

Hubert

Agreed Hubert. However, Id still not be 100% confident about that MLG not bending. The nose gear and engine weight are a great addition, although I still might be inclined to think that Erics fix for the OOB landing gear still may be a better fix for the MLG bending issue. 

I think your right though, for roughly $20 USD, I think it might be worth it. 

Sorry I'm late, this is a very interesting subject to me for sure. I may be (ok I know I am) kind of odd but I'd like to see all kinds of civil a/c in 32nd scale! And on floats!

Not meant as a slur on SAC's product at all but I have doubts white metal will support this model if the plastic legs won't. I've got a 1/32 Ju 88 Mistel with a main gear negative camber angle because the axles can't support it.

Just a thought.