Photo

Is there or isn't there a 1/32 DC-3 kit?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 holzemjo

holzemjo

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Hello y'all!

So, once and for all: Does anybody know of a 1/32 DC-3/C-47 kit, no matter what sort? The kit database lists a vacform kit by "Schmidt Modellbau" that I wasn't able to find and Combat Models announced one for release in 2016 but then apparently life got in the way, in any case it's not on their website. I know about the Guillows kit, but I feel I'm better off investing the 80-something bucks in a bunch of styrene and a set of plans than to take that kit as a starting point for building a detailed model.

So, does anyone know anything? It's a real shame, I mean, we are talking about one of the most iconic planes in aviation history, and there is just nothing out there! :shrug:

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
Greets, Jonas
  • harvey and sandokan like this

#2 RLWP

RLWP

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

One here, if you want to wait: https://www.model-sp...ouglas-dc3.html

Richard

• Menelaos and sandokan like this

#3 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

HpH are working on a full resin kit.

Iain

• harvey likes this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#4 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

There is a C-47 kit comming from HPH.

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#5 holzemjo

holzemjo

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

One here, if you want to wait: https://www.model-sp...ouglas-dc3.html

Richard

Ah, right, forgot to mention that one... I know about that, but I don't have that kind of spare change lying around and I don't feel that it's a particularly good model for that kind of money... Thank you nevertheless!
  • harvey likes this

#6 holzemjo

holzemjo

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

HpH are working on a full resin kit.

Iain

Any news on when that's gonna be due?

#7 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

You'd have to ask HpH I'm afraid...

Iain

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#8 holzemjo

holzemjo

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Ok, thank you! :)

#9 Phartycr0c

Phartycr0c

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

As Iain says, Speak with HPH.

They are very approachable and can even be contacted via Facebook messenger if you so desire.

I recently had a brief conversation with them about the possibility of a DO 17 series of aircraft. 

Eagles may soar, but weasles dont get sucked into jet engines!

#10 RLWP

RLWP

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

Ah, right, forgot to mention that one... I know about that, but I don't have that kind of spare change lying around and I don't feel that it's a particularly good model for that kind of money... Thank you nevertheless!

Yes - absolutely! I was surprised to find such a thing in the first place

Richard

#11 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

I am a skeptical old geezer. I'll believe it when I see it. :hmmm:

But we modelers are dreamers and optimists at heart and I will be delighted when it appears, not in a trade show but actually on the dealer's shelves ready for sale.  :punk:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#12 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

I'm sure HpH will come through, it's just a question of which decade.

"If thou behold bijoux that looketh, mayhap, both wondrous and goodly in truck for doit, thou should turneth thy cheek, as aught will cometh of thine actions, surety a USB cable, for chicanery is afoot"

#13 Artful69

Artful69

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

... I recently had a brief conversation with them about the possibility of a DO 17 series of aircraft ...

How did that one go? ... The Do.17z is number one on my hit list, number 2 being the HKM Ju.52 currently in development.

I remember exchanging emails with Mirek about 2-3yrs ago asking him about that one ...

He pointed to me funding the development of a model kit up front and preordering a bunch ... 

Needless to say this was a prohibitively expensive exercise for someone like me.

Rog :)

#14 RLWP

RLWP

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

How did that one go? ... The Do.17z is number one on my hit list, number 2 being the HKM Ju.52 currently in development.

I remember exchanging emails with Mirek about 2-3yrs ago asking him about that one ...

He pointed to me funding the development of a model kit up front and preordering a bunch ... 

Needless to say this was a prohibitively expensive exercise for someone like me.

Perhaps less so if you can gather a group of people together to fund it - maybe through an internet forum?

Richard

#15 Artful69

Artful69

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Perhaps less so if you can gather a group of people together to fund it - maybe through an internet forum?

Richard

True ... but Mirek was talking some BIG sums of outlay up front ... Obviously you'd have to translate the gist from his English ... but here's his end response to me 9/02/15:

"The Do.17 is possible to do.
Expected enduser price is around 22O EUR, To start this project is to order 200 boxes, each for 135 EUR (without VAT) and to pay 6.000 EUR downpayment. Then you will received first amount of boxes. The rest step by step.

That are basic conditions. the rest we can discussed later. The question is Revell?"

At that point I figured I'd shelve the idea - and pray to my dear and fluffy lord that someone would ease our pain and pop one out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users