Haven't seen that walk around, Kais, but I've bookmarked it for next time. I'm really enjoying this build now, so there will be another one. Yes, Temora is definitely a treat for me - we don't get any airshows on this side of the country any more. They put on a good show each flying day, and you could never get bored there at all.
Back to the build. The gun sight is built and in place, as is the canopy. I prefer to install gun sights only immediately before installing the windscreen to guard against clumsy behaviour on my part.
I wanted to make the canopy slide so I can vary my display, keep down the amount of dust falling into the cockpit, and again, to ensure the canopy doesn't get get broken down the road. So you'll notice the picture above does not have the canopy rails fitted from step 2 (kit parts A15 and A16). These have been left off and 1.5mm channel substituted.
Next, 2.0mm L section was glued to the canopy, after some modification. The L section has been filed back on 1 edge to about 1.5mm, and the middle section filed back completely so that the slight bend in the new canopy rail doesn't affect the sliding canopy, and also to cut down on friction.
I've masked off both sides of the canopy to guard against marking both sides, and to ensure neither side of the canopy is marked in the painting stage. Aerials have been added as per photos, and I've built a new pitot, as the kit offering is way too thick. The new pitot is made from 1.0mm brass tube, with a 0.5mm brass rod inserted and cut to length. The kit part was mounted, then the kit pitot was removed and a hole drilled for my new part. Photo's examined in my Meteor books showed this modification to be more correct. The aerial on the fuselage is more 0.5mm brass rod mounted in a plastic strip filed to size to fill the hole left where the standard RAF aerial would go. The other aerial hole was filled.
I've now started painting the model. I'm doing the Argentinian version, hence the aerials shown above, as different radios were fitted from standard RAF. I'm using Tamiya rattle cans, and the model has first been primed and I've started on the yellow component first. That's taking a little time as yellow doesn't cover at all well.
Edited by Dpgsbody55, 16 October 2017 - 04:44 PM.